How to respond to many people in tread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to respond to many people in tread

Hi,I was wanting to answer questions from several people on my thread,don’t know how.Thankyou

If you want to reply to any thread, you scroll down to the last post given.
    Right below the post is a box saying [Reply to thread] on the bottom left hand side.
    Click on that and it gives you a new post to respond to others.
    Type away and then hit [Submit Reply] located under your post on the bottom right hand side.

Does this answer your question? You can test these directions and reply to me.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello,when someone replies with a question on my thread,I am wanting to highlight the question with their name.Then I can answer them and if someone else asks something I can do the same.Hope this clarifies this.

Comment

Sorry Carlyle - I misunderstood. To capture someone's question, you need to do the following:

copy and paste the question. Type [ QUOTE= ] in front of the question.

then at the end type [ /QUOTE ]

PLEASE leave no spaces like I did here. I had to leave spaces for this explanation to work.

To use bold print for their name, type in the name, highlight it and press B at the top of the box. Carlyle

You can practice in this thread if you'd like

Comment

SEASHA THIS IS A TEST ONLY!

QUOTE=PLEASE leave no spaces like I did here. I had to leave spaces for this explanation to work./QUOTE

Was just testing the explanation. I too never understood how others "snipped" apart pieces of different responses and addressed each one in a single reply.

Guess I misunderstood.... Even at preview the post / paste-up part doesn't appear as I expected? I did as you explained or apparently not.

Seasha... ?

Thanks OP for posing a good question

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
            SEASHA THIS IS A TEST ONLY!

QUOTE=PLEASE leave no spaces like I did here. I had to leave spaces for this explanation to work./QUOTE

Was just testing the explanation. I too never understood how others "snipped" apart pieces of different responses and addressed each one in a single reply.

Guess I misunderstood.... Even at preview the post / paste-up part doesn't appear as I expected? I did as you explained or apparently not.

Seasha... ?

Thanks OP for posing a good question
            Buttin' in here....

Try putting the brackets around the words [QUOTE]
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Buttin' in here....Try putting the brackets around the words QUOTE.
              And don't forget the user's name after the = [QUOTE=Seasha]
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Copy and paste question or comment you want to reference

Then put:

[ QUOTE= user's name ] in front of the question or comment, then at the end type [ /QUOTE ]

Comment

Originally posted by KOKO
                  And don't forget the user's name after the =
                  Hope this shows up on preview.

Many years ago I remember something along these lines with regard to my old web site that a friend wrote code for... Everything "encased in" brackets to show beginning and end of copy lines. Gettin' Old!

Here we go!

WOW! Nothing like stating the obvious with a sense of real discovery!

Thanks again! Jer

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                    Hope this shows up on preview.

Many years ago I remember something along these lines with regard to my old web site that a friend wrote code for... Everything "encased in" brackets to show beginning and end of copy lines. Gettin' Old!

Here we go!

WOW! Nothing like stating the obvious with a sense of real discovery!

Thanks again! Jer
                    Success!!

Comment

Thanks for helping to clarify this, KoKo. It's sometimes hard to explain in it's entirety!

Anyone else want to practice on the thread, go for it!

Comment

Hello shesha,I am not sure about how to copy and paste,and I cannot find those brackets.Im sorry don’t know about computers much.Bear with me.Thankyou Dave

Comment

Hi Dave - do you have someone at home or a friend nearby who is willing to help you with your computer?

Copy and paste is done in different ways,

First you highlight what you want copied. If you are using a mouse, you right click on the mouse. A popup comes on the screen. From this popup, click on COPY. Then you place your cursor where you want the text to go and right click on your mouse again. Popup menu to click on will be PASTE.

OR - after you highlight what you want copied, go to the top of your computer and click on EDIT. there will be a scroll down menu. Click on COPY. Place your cursor where you want the text to go. Go back to EDIT and this time click on PASTE.

The brackets we talked about are located right above the enter/return key.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Seasha,Thankyou I have somebody coming by in a few days.Talk to you soon. Dave

Comment

Glad to hear, Dave.
                              Take care!

Comment

Working...
                              X