Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JCV

Hi!
    just converted from - to + for jcv virus. Been on tecfidera for 5 yrs. shoul iconcider another medication. I have no improvements nor has there been a decline in my symptoms. Thanks for any info. Roxy118

Have you discussed with your neuro? Some of the considerations when positive: the titer number from your blood test and the length of time on Tysabri.

For some people, stretching out the dosing schedule from 4 weeks to 8 weeks is ok. But for others, it is off Tysabri.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by roxy118 View Post
      Hi!
      just converted from - to + for jcv virus. Been on tecfidera for 5 yrs. shoul iconcider another medication. I have no improvements nor has there been a decline in my symptoms. Thanks for any info. Roxy118
      Many people are jcv+ and on Tecfidera. Your doctor should monitor your blood work to ensure you never enter lymphopenia. As long as your blood counts are normal there's no pressing need to make a medication change. No need to panic, just talk to your doctor about a monitoring regime.

I wish you well...

Comment

Originally posted by roxy118 View Post
        Hi!
        Well, that sucks! Tysabri has the option of moving to extended infusions, but since you need Tecfidera daily, that's not an option.

The infusions have the highest efficacy, so if you're concerned about the change in JC status, that leaves Ocrevus or Lemtrada. The later comes with severe risks of long-term medical issues.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
          Have you discussed with your neuro? Some of the considerations when positive: the titer number from your blood test and the length of time on Tysabri.

For some people, stretching out the dosing schedule from 4 weeks to 8 weeks is ok. But for others, it is off Tysabri.
          Sorry Roxy. I misread and thought you were on Tysabri. I see now Tecfidera. Wish you luck with your decision.
          Kathy
          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
          X