Exercise Check-In for 11/29/18

5 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    1 did not set goals.
    1 is joining our group and set goals for next week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't set goals for last week. I think my health issue is OK. No symptoms since Sunday, and I think I discovered the problem and corrected it.

I'll still report though. Here are my usual goals:
    Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1714 steps
    Fri - 1159 steps
    Sat - 1262 steps
    Sun - 1663 steps
    Mon - 1455 steps
    Tues - 2113 steps
    Wed - 2850 steps, Recumbent bike at the Wellness Center

Total steps = 12,216 steps. Average: 1745 steps per day
    Total exercise days = 1

I wouldn't have made my goal, but I didn't set one. I will set my usual goal for next week, as I seem to be feeling back to normal.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I didn't meet my goal for the week. With Thanksgiving and out of town company, it just didn't happen. I was exhausted the day after T-giving, stayed in pj's all day an took a nap.

I babysit one day, cleaned up house one day and grocery shopped.

I've been thinking of how to get in exercise since I'm no longer gardening. One day I grabbed my trekking poles and walked around our hard gravel circular driveway three times non-stop. I don't have a step tracker but just counted steps and figured out one circuit is about 200 steps.

It was easier to walk with the poles than I thought, so I'm going to try to do that at least 2 times this week and try to increase my steps as time goes on. For now 600 steps feels about right.

Hope you all have a great week ahead and glad you're feeling back to normal, Mamabug.
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Here were/are my goals
        1. Get to 20,000 steps on days I work and 12,000 on days I don't. ( I usually get 10,000 at a normal day at work so that is why it is so high)
        2. Work out arms/legs at least 2 times each
        3.Run for 10 minutes without running out of breath ( at 7ish) minutes right now)

1. I made 5 out of 7 days , but I kinda am not counting thanksgiving because I felt horrible and didn't hardly do anything.

2. I did this just not as much as I wanted. I got a new book I plan to start using. I need to look though it and find mark the exercises that look best for me.

3. Still a little over 7 so I am still working on this.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug - glad to know that you are feeling better!

Seasha - hope your pole walking works out well for you!

Daisycat - nice job with your workout goals!

I was able to make my goals:

*Walked with rollator 5X during the week @ 30 min each

*Up on feet doing ADL's, chores, etc. 4X a day, every day, @ 30 min each

*Stretches, (back, legs, arms) throughout the day, every day

*10 in-chair ab crunches, 5X during the week

Will continue with 10 crunches, 5X a week until they get easier (if they ever do)

I want to get to the point where I have good 'form' while I do them, and stay straight with my back.

I do feel my lower ab muscles contracting when I do them, so at least I know those nerve signals are still getting through ok.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance with your desired goals.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made Goals

Goals: Walk at least 6K steps on at least 6 out of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps each day.

Thu - 11704 (cooking and visit to in-laws house)
            Fri - 11950 (my families Thanksgiving dinner - set up, clean up ect.)
            Sat - 8553 (cleaned floors and laundry)
            Sun - 6829 (finished laundry)
            Mon - 8465 (new dog to get shots)
            Tue - 7198 (doctor visit)
            Wed - 9250 (media room @ church and got out kennel for use after new dog gets spayed on Thu)

I made over 6K steps every day and averaged 9136 steps/day. I will keep the same goals for next week. I have been considering all of the exercise stuff in our den and have decided to start using it some on days when I don't have a lot else going on.

KoKo - Great week ! Keep up the great momentum that you have going. I will make sure to take a hint from you and start off very slowly as I start with the exercise equipment .

Daisycat - Great week ! I think that Holidays throw most people off of their goals, but you had a very respectable week in spite of them.

Seasha - Great week ! Awesome that you were able to come up with and start a new goal so quickly after Thanksgiving (which I am sure met your goals for the week in that 1 day ). Do you have house plants? They require some amount of work and are a way of keeping your hands dirty during the 'off season' .

Mamabug - Glad to hear that you are feeling better !

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
              Goals: Walk at least 6K steps on at least 6 out of 7 days OR an average of 6K steps each day.

Thu - 11704 (cooking and visit to in-laws house)
              Fri - 11950 (my families Thanksgiving dinner - set up, clean up ect.)
              Sat - 8553 (cleaned floors and laundry)
              Sun - 6829 (finished laundry)
              Mon - 8465 (new dog to get shots)
              Tue - 7198 (doctor visit)
              Wed - 9250 (media room @ church and got out kennel for use after new dog gets spayed on Thu)

I made over 6K steps every day and averaged 9136 steps/day. I will keep the same goals for next week. I have been considering all of the exercise stuff in our den and have decided to start using it some on days when I don't have a lot else going on.
              msgijo - excellent week of activity and stepping!

I will make sure to take a hint from you and start off very slowly as I start with the exercise equipment.
              Please do! It is so darn easy to try and go for the 'gold medal' when starting a new exercise.

But, as we all know, the sore muscles aren't even felt until the following day or even two days later and can last for over a week.

Discipline, my friend.
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Do you have house plants? They require some amount of work and are a way of keeping your hands dirty during the 'off season' .
                msjigo - you never cease to amaze me as you are so consistent! And yes, I have around 20+ or so houseplants and all need replanting into larger pots. I'll save that for when it snows and can;t get out to walk!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Glad your feeling better MamaBug.
                  Nice job hitting your mark msgijo and KoKo.
                  Keep pushing Daisy, you'll get there.
                  Sometimes a nap day is required Seasha.

My goals are 10k steps a day, I'm ditching the 10 flights a day and going to figure something else out.

Thurs- 10028 steps
                  Fri- 12250 steps
                  Sat- 23282 steps
                  Sun- 11235
                  Mon- 9026 steps
                  Tues-12085 steps
                  Wed-12482

Monday night on the mats at bjj and I've been solid with my pushups and pullups.

Keep it going!
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    My goals are 10k steps a day, I'm ditching the 10 flights a day and going to figure something else out.

Thurs- 10028 steps
                    Fri- 12250 steps
                    Sat- 23282 steps
                    Sun- 11235
                    Mon- 9026 steps
                    Tues-12085 steps
                    Wed-12482

Monday night on the mats at bjj and I've been solid with my pushups and pullups.
                    Terrific job Boudreaux!

Looks like a good balance of exercises - variety is the spice of life!

Comment

Working...
                    X