MAS (multiple autoimmune syndrome)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAS (multiple autoimmune syndrome)

Does anyone else suffer with mas. I thought ms was the only autoimmune disease I would get. I develop a new one every few years (ms, uveitis, lichen planus) Developed antibodies for hoshimoto disease. I feel like every part of my body is giving up. Does anyone know if reasearch on mas? Thanks for any info. Roxy118

I don't know anything about MAS, but I do have several autoimmune diseases. I always heard that if you have one you tend to get several of them.
    Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Roxy, yup. I have several autoimmune diseases and I think that makes my health and care difficult for both me and my doctors.

Comment

It seems so unfair that having one miserable disease isn't sufficient.

While I knew the propensity for more or autoimmune disorders to run in families I wasn't aware of MAS. This link is interesting especially because it looks at the heritability factors of some of the different AI conditions.

https://www.benaroyaresearch.org/blo...mmune-diseases
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

roxy118 - Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and bringing the subject of MAS to our attention. I'm sorry that you have other diseases, besides MS, to deal with.

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
          It seems so unfair that having one miserable disease isn't sufficient.

While I knew the propensity for more or autoimmune disorders to run in families I wasn't aware of MAS. This link is interesting especially because it looks at the heritability factors of some of the different AI conditions.

https://www.benaroyaresearch.org/blo...mmune-diseases
          Jules - Thanks for sharing the article about multiple autoimmune diseases with us. Very interesting, and I learned some new things.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

marti and MyGirlsMom

Sorry to learn that you also have several autoimmune diseases to deal with.

Wishing you strength, and hoping you have some long periods of relief from symptoms.

Take Care
            PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Mas

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post
              Roxy, yup. I have several autoimmune diseases and I think that makes my health and care difficult for both me and my doctors.
              Thanks for all your responses. Yes having more than 1 autoimmune disease is a daily challenge. I知 always worried about an eccerbation(ms, uveitis, lichen planus, hoshimoto). I知 definitely keeping Medicare busy. It gets to me sometime and I just get so angry. My nephew has 3 autoimmune and sister has 3 so I do believe in genetics.

Comment

I am also blessed with multiple issues;= Multiple Sclerosis, a strange variant of Diabetes, TYPE-1 (1B), and now Addison's.

I have to deal with all of them and more (CK-3, RHD, etc) 24/7.

Go Figure?

Note: I have problems typing n MSworld's editor....

Comment

I just have one.

But in my family (2 siblings, 2 adult children, 3 adult nieces and nephews), between the 8 of us, we have 8 autoimmune diseases.

-Two have 2. (4)
                  - Four have 1. (4)
                  - Two (the two youngest) have 0, and might develop some. (0)

4+4+0 = 8
                  ~ Faith
                  MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                  - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                  - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                  - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I didn稚 know this was a thing, but I guess I know what I知 reading about tonight since I haven稚 been sleeping great since I stopped working out as much.

But I知 the only one in my family that has anything wrong health wise. I知 definitely the loser in the genetic lottery in my family.

Comment

Amazing how many have MAS. My total admiration in dealing with it all.

Me - only one, but like others, multiple family members with an autoimmune. Celiac's, Chrons, Ulcerative Colitis, Addison's.

My nephew is getting tested for MS at 30. I pray he doesn't have it. He has Meniere's , but they suspect more going on. He is a healthy eater, into rock climbing, marathons, kayaking. He made me cry because he said if he does have it, I showed him you can keep on going and have a great life with it. Really praying it is not MS.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                      X