Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muscle twitching and popping

Hi everyone,

I hope you dont mind me asking something again.
    I feel like an intruder as i have no diagnosis yet. Still waiting for MRI

But...does anybody get constant muscle twitching all over your body? Its particularly bad for me today. I get it all over. Its not painful its like popping?
    Ill have like a pop in my foot...then pop in my leg, pop in my arm, pop in my back. Sometimes they go on in the same place for quite a while.
    Im taking gabapentin which helps me i nerve pain but its not stopping this muscle twitching.

If you have it do you take anything? Does any medication help?

The neuro said she doesnt do anything for muscle twitching :/

Its not painful i just struggle to ignore it when my muscles are having a crazy day!!

Thankyou

Originally posted by Topaz84 View Post
    Hi everyone,

I hope you dont mind me asking something again.
    I feel like an intruder as i have no diagnosis yet. Still waiting for MRI

But...does anybody get constant muscle twitching all over your body? Its particularly bad for me today. I get it all over. Its not painful its like popping?
    Ill have like a pop in my foot...then pop in my leg, pop in my arm, pop in my back. Sometimes they go on in the same place for quite a while.
    Im taking gabapentin which helps me i nerve pain but its not stopping this muscle twitching.

If you have it do you take anything? Does any medication help?

The neuro said she doesnt do anything for muscle twitching :/

Its not painful i just struggle to ignore it when my muscles are having a crazy day!!

Thankyou
    Hi Topaz84 ~

I, too, have occasional muscle twitching and the popping sensations (feels like popcorn kernels popping under my skin).

They seem to occur more often under certain conditions (fatigue, stress, too warm, etc).

The only ones that bother me in any way are the finger twitches when I'm on the computer, causing me to hit keys that I don't want to.

I don't take any medication for the muscle twitching.

I've never experienced them all over my body at once, though. That would be very annoying!

Hope your twitches and pops subside soon!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Hey Koko!

Im sorry you get this as well, but i must admit im glad im not alone.

Its just annoying isn't it? Especially when im dozing off to sleep.

Yes i get it while typing as well or i notice it in my fingers while trying to do small things. I couldn't work out if i was just hesitating with a movement or if my finger was twitching.

So strange!!

Sometimes i just wish i could take or do something to relax it. I dont think its caused by pain as i get twitching in my back and i have no nerve pain there.

But yeah all over the body at once would be a disaster i think!

I dont think i have noticed it happening in particular for any reason. It seems to just happen whenever it wants too.

I really hope they can find out whats causing all of this for me soon so i can get proper treatment for it.

Anyway thankyou Koko. Take care as well

Comment

Originally posted by Topaz84 View Post
        I really hope they can find out whats causing all of this for me soon so i can get proper treatment for it.
        I'm also hoping for you, that answers come soon.

Waiting can be so frustrating, as well as anxiety provoking.

Hang in there, Topaz84.

Take Care
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Some causes of fasciculations

Topaz84 ~

I found some info on muscle pops and twitches (called fasciculations), which was easy for me to understand (not super technical, thankfully).

Fasciculations are not a common symptom of MS (although they may occur, but very rarely).

There are several other conditions that may cause fasciculations, and benign fasciculations may occur even in healthy adults.

https://www.verywellhealth.com/fasci...and-ms-3972556

I found this info interesting, and hope you do as well.

Take Care

Comment

Thankyou Koko, thats great!!

Comment

I disagree that fasciculations are a rare MS symptom, if that is the term for the popcorn under the skin feeling. I’ve had them for years, to varying degrees. In conversation with other MS patients, while hanging out in the infusion suite at my neurologist’s office, they’re a pretty common complaint.

Who decides if a symptom is rare? How many MS patients are surveyed? With my neurologist I only bring up the important ones, like fatigue, spasticity, weakness, and lack of mobility. Muscle twitching is way down the priority list.

Comment

Originally posted by kmallory1 View Post
                I disagree that fasciculations are a rare MS symptom, if that is the term for the popcorn under the skin feeling. I’ve had them for years, to varying degrees. In conversation with other MS patients, while hanging out in the infusion suite at my neurologist’s office, they’re a pretty common complaint.

Who decides if a symptom is rare? How many MS patients are surveyed? With my neurologist I only bring up the important ones, like fatigue, spasticity, weakness, and lack of mobility. Muscle twitching is way down the priority list.
                kmallory1 ~

You ask some very good questions.

I've had fasciculations during my entire time with MS also.

Thus far, I haven't found them anywhere listed as a common MS symptom.

In fact, the above article was a rare find for me!

Take Care

Comment

Working...
                X