i need so serious advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i need so serious advice

I am thinking about how I could change my eating habits but I don't even know how to start. Please can someone help me out?

One way to start is to omit or reduce things that are scientifically proven to be unhealthy. This includes refined sugar, lots of saturated fats like fried foods, too much sodium, and more than recommended amounts of alcohol.

When first diagnosed I was frustrated because I feel I have a great (mediterranean) diet. I read about the Swank diet and the Wahl diets and then saw a recommendation to follow a heart healthy diet. It's unlikely you will feel worse if you follow a balanced diet recommended by the AHA, but people differ widely on dairy and gluten. I gave up dairy and feel worlds better.

Here is a link to the parameters of a heart healthy diet, for starters
    https://www.heart.org/en/healthy-liv...ecommendations

Whatever you do, discuss it with your doctor to make sure you are getting vital nutrients particular to your condition - mine put me on a lot more vitamin D, for example.

All the best,

G
    All the best, ~G

Comment

Baby steps, just start by removing one item you know is bad for you.

Comment

Originally posted by penkalet View Post
        Baby steps, just start by removing one item you know is bad for you.
        And then add a vegetable (or two).

Take Care
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Recently went to a talk presented by a macrobiotics person. A good take away quote was, "Itīs what you do, not what you donīt do that matters."

So... eat veggies, take walks, be in nature, seek sunshine.
          Once you start treating yourself better, you will likely start to omit the deleterious foods and habits.

Comment

Do daily multi vitamins really help?
            Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
              Do daily multi vitamins really help?
              If you eat a well balanced diet, probably not needed. But most people don't get all the categories and quantities needed, so easiest way to get a boost for vitamins we may be lacking.
              Kathy
              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

That’s a funny question. Maybe you don’t need to change anything. We know there is no diet to cure MS.

If there is something in particular you feel you should change, change it. I recommend a diet of whatever you like. If food it not enjoyed it has no nutritional value.

Comment

thank you

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
                  Recently went to a talk presented by a macrobiotics person. A good take away quote was, "Itīs what you do, not what you donīt do that matters."

So... eat veggies, take walks, be in nature, seek sunshine.
                  Once you start treating yourself better, you will likely start to omit the deleterious foods and habits.
                  thank you for the A

Comment

Working...
                  X