Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/22/18

I'll start this for Karen. She was likely busy yesterday, for Thanksgiving. I'll let her add her comments and affirmations when she is ready to post.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Gained 0.4 lbs

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    I'm still dealing with some health issues -- possibly female issues, or urology of some kind. Waiting for a dx.
    Still waiting on a dx. It's looking less likely that what's going on is a UTI. But, lab lost my sample, my PCP is out of the office this week, and even with pulling strings in his busy schedule, they can't get me in to see him until November 30.

I guess I'll post weight anyways. It's still doing weird, fluctuating things.

Recent weights:
    07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

11/08/18: 125.2 lbs
    11/22/18: 125.6 lbs
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mamabug, thank you so much. I am having several problems which have kept ne from typing. I will report weight shortly. Karen

Comment

I gained 2.5 pounds so weigh 126.

Comment

I lost 2.8 pounds . Of course I weighed in before I started on my Thanksgiving meals , so I hope that I can gain a little this week.

11/15 117.2
          11/22 114.4

I have to say that the loss is is due to thyroids being overactive again - and yes I am taking the meds prescribed for that. But the doctor DID cut the amount that I was taking in half the last visit that I had with her (2 weeks ago). I will call her next week about increasing the dosage again.

As usual, dinner with the in-laws (on Thursday) was a healthy version of Thanksgiving fare, but my family dinner (Friday) was the fattening version. I made sure to load up on both .

ShrinkKaren - Sorry to hear about the gain . Hopefully you can reverse the trend quickly.

Mamabug - Sorry to hear that you are still sick with no sure path yet to treating it . And sorry that your weight is acting haywire on you. At least it is showing at less than half a pound gain, so maybe not as bad as you fear. Hope that you feel better soon .

Daisycat - Welcome to the group . Your post suggested a great plan for losing unwanted weight, so keep up the good fight.

Agate - I hope that your scales are back on the downward trend .

Hoping that everybody had a great Thanksgiving .

Comment

I am at 113.2 but I always gain something during my wonderful time of the month when I want to rip my uterus out... So hopefully next week will be better. I feel like I am hitting a plateau and the usual stuff isn't working.

Comment

Karen is away

Karen is in the hospital overnight due to feeling very weak today. She will likely be home tomorrow or Friday at the latest. Not a serious issue, just feeling very weak.

Comment

Karen still out

Karen is doing well, but is in a facility doing some rehabilitation related to ms. She will be there for a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by ShrinkKaren View Post
                  Karen is doing well, but is in a facility doing some rehabilitation related to ms. She will be there for a couple of weeks.
                  Thank you so much for letting us know how Karen is doing!

We are thinking of Karen, sending good thoughts, and are wishing her well with the rehab.

Love,
                  Karen's MSWorld Friends
                  PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I didn't notice this until today. Sorry to hear Karen is in the hospital. I'm glad it doesn't seem to be serious.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Jumping in here too to wish Karen all the best and hopes for a speedy recovery. We are all sending good vibes and hugs!
                      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                      X