Clear All

Exercise Check-In for 11/22/18

6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    2 made goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:
    The rest of us either made partial goals, or didn't make goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I didn't set goals for last week. Still dealing with some undiagnosed health issue.

I'll still report though. Here are my usual goals:
    Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1296 steps
    Fri - 2744 steps
    Sat - 1699 steps
    Sun - 2218 steps
    Mon - 1713 steps
    Tues - 1484 steps
    Wed - 1714 steps

Total steps = 12,868 steps. Average: 1838 steps per day
    Total exercise days = 0
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Another busy week - made goals of 6K steps on 6 out of 7 days or an average of 6K steps / day.

Thu - 9690 (5hr volunteer work)
      Fri - 8202 (3 hr volunteer work)
      Sat - 12235 (6.5 hours volunteer work - finished for this month!)
      Sun - 8813 (fence repair)
      Mon - 8144
      Tue - 7428 (shopping)
      Wed - 8507 (doctor appointment for dh and shopping)

I walked over 6K steps on all 7 days and averaged 9003 steps/day. I will keep same goals for next week.

I hope that everybody had a safe and happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ sorry to learn that you are still dealing with a health issue. Hope you are better soon.

msgijo ~ way to go!

I made goals, thankfully.

The 5 walks during the week @ 30 min each went ok, with 2 of them being more difficult than usual, for whatever reason.

Each day I stayed up on my feet (with rollator) 4X @ 30 min each, doing chores, ADL's, etc.

Did various stretches throughout the day, each day. These are necessary in order for me to move about to the best of my ability. Back stretches seem to help the most.

Although the cold weather is most definitely beneficial, I must be sure that I'm "warmed up" some before the stretching. I had some muscle aching in a few muscles on my left side from stretching while cold. Fortunately, two Aleve and a warm shower greatly helped.

I'm still at 10 in-chair ab crunches, 5X a week. Like everything else, sometimes they go smooth and other times seem very difficult. I'll give it one more week before I increase the number.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance.
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Oops! I thought I'd already sent in my post, but I probably forgot to hit the submit button.

Great work to you, KoKo and msgijo! Mamabug - hope things clear up for you soon!

I didn't set a specific goal for the week, but I certainly had a good one, so I essentially made my personal goal from other weeks:
          Babysat 2 mornings
          Cleaned up house 1 morning (including vacuuming) before out of town visitors came.
          Worked on last of garden harvest one morning.

Didn't think I'd make the 5th morning as I had a Dr appt. All the handicap places were filled up and the parking lot full as well. I had to park a very long way away, so had to walk with walker more than I wanted. But I did it ....slowly.

I'll work on 5x again for this week.
          Has a wonderful week ahead all!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            I didn't set a specific goal for the week, but I certainly had a good one, so I essentially made my personal goal from other weeks:
            Babysat 2 mornings
            Cleaned up house 1 morning (including vacuuming) before out of town visitors came.
            Worked on last of garden harvest one morning.

Didn't think I'd make the 5th morning as I had a Dr appt. All the handicap places were filled up and the parking lot full as well. I had to park a very long way away, so had to walk with walker more than I wanted. But I did it ....slowly.
            Seasha ~ that worked out well for getting your goals accomplished! Glad you were able to make the walk ok to the Dr. office!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

1. Get to 20,000 steps on days I work and 12,000 on days I don't. ( I usually get 10,000 at a normal day at work so that is why it is so high)
              2. Work out arms/legs at least 2 times each
              3.Run for 10 minutes without running out of breath ( at 7ish) minutes right now)

Gonna keep these for awhile until I make them for a few weeks in a row

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                1. Get to 20,000 steps on days I work and 12,000 on days I don't. ( I usually get 10,000 at a normal day at work so that is why it is so high)
                2. Work out arms/legs at least 2 times each
                3.Run for 10 minutes without running out of breath ( at 7ish) minutes right now)

Gonna keep these for awhile until I make them for a few weeks in a row
                Welcome to the group Daisycat!

Good luck with your exercise goals.

Comment

Welcome Daisy and good luck. You did great this past week!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
                  X