Gratitude journal for 11/22/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 11/22/18

There are no rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints. You may post daily, once a week, whenever you want.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.

(Sorry I'm a day late posting this. I was gone yesterday to celebrate Thanksgiving.)
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Gratitudes for Thursday

Gratitudes for Thanksgiving Day

It was a full, and thankful day. Noon began with a large family reunion (100+ people) -- descendants of my hubby's great-grandfather. He is, of course, gone. And, this is the first year that all 16 of his children are gone. My father-in-law is one of his grandchildren -- one of the older grandchildren; he is 86.

There are probably between 700-800 direct living descendants of John J. So the 100+ people who show up are just a drop in the bucket, especially because that includes in-laws -- not just direct descendants. Usually, it tends to be mostly local people who attend -- those who live in the south-central Kansas area. This year, hubby's only living aunt, plus some of his cousins attended from out-of-state (CO, NM and MI).

The dinner is a large carry-in, with turkey and all the fixin's. I was very thankful that there were adequate acceptable choices for my restrictive diet. I was able to have turkey, plus I found multiple tasty and healthy vegetable side dishes. In anticipation of wanting pumpkin pie, I also brought along one slice of gluten-free, dairy-free, sugar-free pumpkin pie, with coconut whipped topping - just for myself. It was actually pretty tasty. I left the meal satisfied and not feeling deprived.

We spent the afternoon at hubby's parents' home, along with many of his siblings, some nephews, some cousins and their families, etc. About 20 of us there. We had leftovers for supper. Again, I anticipated ahead. For leftovers, there was actually nothing there that Dr. G would have approved of. I had brought along some easy healthy snack food (trail mix) and an apple. I was so glad I had done that. And, much of the leftover food wasn't even tempting. Things like jello, stuffing, processed ham, processed cheese slices, etc.

I had some really good visits with some of hubby's cousins that I hadn't seen for a few years. And, somehow, even though I generally take a daily nap, I got by without one and without even being very tired.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Hi Mamabug,

Nice note, enjoyed reading about your T-Day gathering and glad you took it in stride without any stress popping up!

I must admit to being surprised as to not seeing a single post wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!

Holidays usually garnered some fanfare in past years, especially Thanksgiving (Boxer day too!)

Thanks for the reminder as to what we should all be thankful for regardless of circumstances!

Jer

Ps. I was going to start a thread but had a wait and see moment.... "No time like the present"... passed me by too.

Comment

Mamabug, you certainly had a big day. I'm glad you felt energize and staying on your eating plan
        is commendable.

We had about thirty and a lot of good food.

I am so thankful for my family, their love and support.
        God Bless Us All

Comment

Mamabug, you certainly had a big day. I'm glad you felt energize and staying on your eating plan
          is commendable.

We had about thirty and a lot of good food.

I am so thankful for my family, their love and support.
          God Bless Us All

Comment

Gratitudes

1. This weekend, and this week, hubby has begun working on rearranging a bunch of furniture that I want moved around.

Phase 1:
            - large desk in den to basement
            - computer desk / desktop computer in DR to den
            - organization of "mess" of cords that used to be hidden behind DR desk

2. Attended my "writing group" this evening. Received some helpful feedback in my writing project.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Tuesday

1. Hubby and son did Phase 2 of furniture rearrangement:
              - Disassemble and remove large entertainment center to make space for piano
              - Move china cabinet to different corner in DR
              - Bring bookcase up to DR from basement

( I am so glad to get rid of the entertainment center. It was a nice piece of furniture, home-built. But large and square, used a lot of floor space. And we used it more as a bookcase andnd place to display photos. Our TV is mounted on the wall; and we no longer use a stereo -- we listen to Spotify and Amazon Music. If we want to listen to a CD, we can use the desktop.)

2. Volunteered at Circles of Hope this evening.
              Last edited by Mamabug; 11-29-2018, 01:31 PM.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Wednesday

1. Phase 3 of furniture rearrangement is complete.
                - Hubby and son moved piano from DR to LR.
                -. Hubby moved DR table to the other side of the room. It leaves a clearer path from LR to kitchen.
                - I started putting books and family photos (which used to be on the entertainment center) on to the bookshelf. Much better place for them!

2. I'm feeling better, for the past 4 days, after having weird symptoms for 2-3 weeks. I adjusted some supplements I was taking; I think that was the problem. Since I was feeling better, I exercised on the recumbent bike at the rec center for the first time in weeks.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                X