6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    2 made partial goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Didn't make goals

I've been dealing with a UTI this week, and was focused on that instead.

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs -
    Fri -
    Sat -
    Sun -
    Mon -
    Tues -
    Wed -

Total steps =
    Total exercise days =
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Didn’t make goals

Hi everyone,

My week went out the window. The Camp Fire in Northern California has resulted in very unhealthy air quality all week. No runs, no walking anywhere. Air quality is expected to remain bad for some time.

I did get a yoga session in before the air got bad.

Still managed 5,848 steps avg. for the week.

Mamabug, I hope you recover quickly!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Mamabug ~ I'm sorry to learn that you have an infection to deal with. It's wise to take care of yourself, as you are doing, in order to recover your maximum strength. Hope you are better soon!

MisterMan ~ It's unfortunate that you have the unhealthy air quality to deal with, putting a damper on your outside exercising. That must be frustrating, as well as concerning. Hopefully you
        are far away from the fires themselves.

On a lighter note, I made goals and am thankful for that.

*Did 5 walks (indoors with rollator walker) during the week @ 30 minutes each.

*Up on feet 4X a day, everyday, @ 30 min each, doing ADL's, chores, etc.

*Stretching throughout the day (a must-do thing!).

*In-chair ab crunches, 5X during the week @ 10 crunches each time.

Wishing everyone strength, patience, and courage, and a much better week!
        PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
        ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I didn't make any goals for this week based on the intense leg spasms for the past 2 weeks, but I managed to do better than I thought. My chiro says I've pulled a muscle by my knee as a result.

I did help babysit 2 mornings, did some light housework and cleaned out my greenhouse. KoKo, I tried doing a couple walks with walker inside and tried for 30 min like you do, but only reached 20 mins. Good for you for the 30 minutes!

Misterman
          - we've all been watching the fires and I'm glad you stayed safe by not pushing the exercising in the smoke filled skies.

Mamabug - hope you feel better soon!

I'm not going to push my goal again for this week. Seeing the Dr on Monday to address my issues. Cleaning house for Thanksgiving IS a personal goal for my dh and me.

Hope all is well with you all!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Seasha

I'm sorry to learn that your leg spasms and pain are still with you.

Let's hope you and Doc find a fix!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            KoKo, I tried doing a couple walks with walker inside and tried for 30 min like you do, but only reached 20 mins. Good for you for the 30 minutes!
            I used to do 30 min non-stop walking, albeit slowly. But now I must pause several times, for 10 - 15 seconds or so during each pause, in order to allow my nerve signals to catch up!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo, I tried doing a couple walks with walker inside and tried for 30 min like you do, but only reached 20 mins. Good for you for the 30 minutes!
              Seasha

Putting your 20 min walk vs my 30 min walk into perspective:

You do other heavy activities (housework, gardening, etc) which uses a lot of energy.

I am only able to do light chores, mainly due to only having the use of my left hand and arm. My right hand (minimal use) has to hang on to the walker in order for me to stand while doing things (bad balance). This greatly limits what I can do.

Walking for the 30 min is my big energy using activity! And I am only able to do it in the morning after a night's rest, after coffee, after having been awake for about an hour, and when my body temp is uncomfortably chilly.

I think your 20 min walking is fantastic, all things considered!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                I think your 20 min walking is fantastic, all things considered!
                Thanks

And I think your 30 min walk (albeit slow) is fantastic, all things considered!
                1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Thanks

And I think your 30 min walk (albeit slow) is fantastic, all things considered!
                  Well then, thank you also!

Comment

Almost there....

Made step goals 5 of 7 days and flights of stairs goals 2 of 7.

Thurs - 10417 steps, 3 flights
                    Fri - 11362 steps, 10 flights
                    Sat - 594 steps-fitbit died, 0 flights
                    Sun - 8019 steps, 2 flights
                    Mon - 15658 steps, 3 flights
                    Tues - 14379 steps, 13 flights
                    Wed -10417 steps, 8 fights

Hope you guys are feeling better soon Mamabug and Seasha.
                    Those fires are intense MisterMan, stay safe.
                    Nice job KoKo.
                    The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

KoKo, yay for you! 👍 Happy that you could raise our average this week 😊

Seasha, sorry about your spasms, I hope you are able to get past that soon!

I hope everyone in the US has a great Thanksgiving this week and enjoys the holiday to the extent that they wish.

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                        Almost there....

Made step goals 5 of 7 days and flights of stairs goals 2 of 7.

Thurs - 10417 steps, 3 flights
                        Fri - 11362 steps, 10 flights
                        Sat - 594 steps-fitbit died, 0 flights
                        Sun - 8019 steps, 2 flights
                        Mon - 15658 steps, 3 flights
                        Tues - 14379 steps, 13 flights
                        Wed -10417 steps, 8 fights
                        Looking really good, Boudreaux!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                          KoKo, yay for you! 👍 Happy that you could raise our average this week 😊
                          Well gee whiz MisterMan, someone's gotta do it!

(Boudreaux helped, and we still have some hope with msgijo to check-in yet.)

Comment

Hey all. Sorry so late dragging in, but it has been a busy week!!! I made my goals .

Thu - 9755 (housework )
                            Fri - 9514 (new dog - had to bath and remove mats)
                            Sat - 8762 (shopping and 1 hr volunteer work)
                            Sun - 8262 (2 hr volunteer work)
                            Mon - 6112 (phone call / paperwork day - UGH)
                            Tue - 7242 (Dog to groomer, 2 hr volunteer work)
                            Wed - 7991 (4 hr volunteer work)

Walked over 6K steps on all 7 days and averaged 8229 steps / day. I finished volunteer work for this month Friday and Saturday (whew). I will keep same goals for next week.

Boudreaux - Great week ! Keep up the hard work.

Seasha - So sorry to hear that you are still in pain . I hope that you start feeling better soon.

KoKo - Great week ! Much as I hate the cold months it appears that they do you and me good (as far as moving around).

MisterMan - Good job evading the fires . I sympathize with the air quality thing - several years ago a tire factory burned about 3 miles from my home and the air quality was horrid forever (seemed like). Stay safe and good job with the steps that you were able to get in.

Mamabug - Sorry that you are feeling so bad . I hope that you start feeling better soon!

Wishing all a safe, productive and healthy Thanksgiving week!

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                              Hey all. Sorry so late dragging in, but it has been a busy week!!! I made my goals .

Thu - 9755 (housework )
                              Fri - 9514 (new dog - had to bath and remove mats)
                              Sat - 8762 (shopping and 1 hr volunteer work)
                              Sun - 8262 (2 hr volunteer work)
                              Mon - 6112 (phone call / paperwork day - UGH)
                              Tue - 7242 (Dog to groomer, 2 hr volunteer work)
                              Wed - 7991 (4 hr volunteer work)

Walked over 6K steps on all 7 days and averaged 8229 steps / day. I finished volunteer work for this month Friday and Saturday (whew). I will keep same goals for next week.
                              Excellent job moving your body around - in fact, I say it was a superb week for you!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                              KoKo - Great week ! Much as I hate the cold months it appears that they do you and me good (as far as moving around).
                              Absolutely! And with no humidity/high dew points - keeping cool is very easy to accomplish!

Comment

Working...
                              X