Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/15/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/15/18

Hi everyone. I cannot believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner. Where did summer go? I hope you all have fulfilling Thanksgiving plans with family and loved ones. Rev up your losing so that you can really enjoy Thanksgiving dinner. It is a good idea to plan ahead for the Holidays so that you don’t have more than usual to lose after the fact. Then you can splurge on turkey day without guilt or disappointment.

Are you ready for this? Drum roll. I lost 4.5 pounds so weight 123.5 pounds which is 8.5 pounds over my goal weight. I can hardly believe it. I must be careful and not lose momentum.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week. I hope all is well.

Mamabug, sorry about the gain but I know you can lose it and then some. You have been doing spectacularly. Keep up that good old motivation.

Hsmaldo, we have not heard from you for quite awhile and I am truly concerned. I hope everything is o.k. Please let us know.

Msgijo, that is good you are below your goal weight this time of year. You will be one step ahead for Thanksgiving. Keep up the good progress.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

FROM THE WEBMD ARCHIVES

No sidewalks in your neighborhood? Try these tips for slipping in more steps:
    Trade your power mower for a push version.
    Park your car at the back of the lot.
    Get out of the office building and enjoy walking meetings.
    Sweep the drive or rake the leaves instead of using a leaf-blower.
    Get off the bus a few stops earlier.
    Hike the mall, being sure to hit all the levels.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

4.5 pounds by one member. Nice loss for the week. Lets all keep it going before Thanksgiving.

Total Gain:

.8 pound by two members. Sorry for the gain but both are small and can be easily reversed. Good luck in the coming week.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

I'm alive and kicking!!

Karen, thanks for your concern, it means a lot to me. I'm sorry though that I've caused you concern by not checking in.

All is fine, just SO busy with my new position at work that I don't feel like I have any time to do anything!

First things first, I am up 2.6 lbs from the last time I weighed in here, so I'm currently at 222.3. I just can't find the motivation to dig deep and really take eating healthy seriously lately since I can pretty much eat what I want and still stay within the 220-222 range. While it's nice that I'm not gaining weight, I know I would feel SO MUCH better if I cut out the junk type foods.

Quite a bit has happened since I last checked in here. Halloween came and my girls wanted to be dragons from the movie How to Train your Dragon. You can google Stormfly and Toothless and that's what they wanted to be. I ended up hand sewing their costumes. Of course, I started on the Sunday night before Halloween and stayed up LATE each night until Wed morning. They came out so adorable and my girls loved them. This is truly the first time I've ever had the energy or motivation to do costumes like that. I look back and honestly I feel like I can contribute that to the anti-depressant. It's such a night and day difference in my outlook and motivation level. I need to make an appointment with my new dr (I changed practices after meeting with the new dr who wanted a plan to get me off the meds--for that and a few other reasons) to get a prescription refill.

Hubby has finished coaching, and we have decided that this spring season will be the last season that he coaches. There comes a point where no amount of money is worth it for your health. He's hit that point unfortunately--it doesn't help that they now require him to work Saturdays coaching as well. That's over 2 hours of his Sat just commuting up there. Nope. Not worth it.

Now my fun news--I was chosen again to be a patient ambassador at an MS Roundtable event. The company flew me up to Boston, put me up in a very nice hotel, with very incredible food and really treated me like royalty (Lincoln town cars with drivers, dinner reimbursements) and I got paid for two days of "work." One of the days was a video shoot--full production set, with director, cameras, sound guys, the works. I even got my make up and hair done. I "interviewed" for about an hour and when they're done editing it, it'll be about a 30 second vignette used to promote their product.

It was SO fun. And also outside my comfort zone, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. The company also apparently had requested me and one other (out of the 10 ambassadors that were there) from the one in Philadelphia in July to be at this one. They seemed very happy with my input and video again this time, so I'm hoping this is will be an ongoing thing.

When I got up on Tuesday morning, I was very disappointed to realize that there was no chauffer waiting outside my house to drive me to work. And at my class, when we finally had a break, there was no delicious food spread for us to enjoy. Reality hit hard! LOL!!!

I honestly can't believe though that Thanksgiving is next week. I don't even know exactly what we're doing or where we're going. I know my friend and her husband are coming over for dinner, but I don't even know what time! I just know I'm not going to stress myself out trying to do everything. There will be food, but I think just the basics.

Karen, I know it's very difficult to settle in to a new lifestyle. It's called the "freshman fifteen" when you first go to college because you have to settle and adapt to a new routine, living arrangements, etc. I feel confident though that you will be able to find ways that you can enjoy the food that your daughter-in-law makes while still meeting your goals. Maybe ask if she could make an extra veggie dish at dinner or have other healthier snacks available so even if you have a cookie, it's after an apple and a slice of cheese. It's hard, but just knowing too that eating better is going to help you feel better may be an incentive. (I just need to listen to my own advice here!!!) Sugar makes more sugar cravings--I definitely know that's true!!!

And now, I've just read your post from THIS week where you said you've lost 4.5 lbs!! That is fabulous (see I knew you could do it!) Keep it up!!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Comment

Congratulations, hsmaldo!!!

I'm still at 117 but glad not to be hitting 118 nowadays.
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Lost 1.2 pounds

11/8 118.4
        11/15 117.2

I HAVE been busy this past week, but I really think that Thyroids are acting up again - UGH! At least I will be going into Thanksgiving dinners below my goal weight .

agate - Well done (staying the same) ! I do realize that you still have more that you would like to lose, but it is HARD to stay the same.

hsmaldo - Sorry to hear of your gain, but my goodness, how can you even think about eating healthy when you are doing so much?! It is good to hear that you are able to not stress about your weight.

ShrinkKaren - Awesome loss ! Good luck on continued loss.

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Comment

Yes, happy Thanksgiving!--Probably one of the most challenging days of the year for anyone trying to lose weight...but I hope it's enjoyable for everyone here.

Comment

Sorry I didn't post a weight yet this week. I might have gained; I don't remember exact Thursday weight.

I'm still dealing with some health issues -- possibly female issues, or urology of some kind. Waiting for a dx.

Will try to post weight when it's all over. Weight has been weird and fluctuating.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Haven’t posted here, but I’ve been doing great with my eating and talking about it helps me stay with it.

Starting weight- 130
              current weight - 112.4
              goal - 105

so I’m so close. I just wish I could find an extra hour in the day to a longer work out, but relaxing also helps.

Comment

Daisycat, hope you'll keep on posting here if it helps you. We cheer each other on here.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Working...
                X