Gratitude journal for 11/08/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 11/08/18

Post daily, once a week, whenever you want. No rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Grateful to still be able to problem solve

I am so grateful for still being able to think of new ways to complete chores\tasks. I can still take the garbage can to the road (strapped in the golf cart), hang up laundry outside (shirts on hangers and jeans folded over on the deck railing because I can't use the clothes line anymore), and using the shopping service our local grocery store offers to name a few.

Comment

Gratitudes for Thursday

1. Had a monthly appointment with my peer counselor at Insight. It's always a feel-good appointment that makes me feel pampered.

2. My son cooked a good supper for us this evening.
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I am grateful for...

1. Wife bought me some new shave lotion and I like it a lot. Way better than the foaming shaving cream.

2. Able to get back to Jiu Jitsu this week.

3. Cooler temps in the south this week.
        The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

1. Election is over.... Can't say I am happy about the results from my state but I am at least satisfied with what happened with the results from the entire country.

2. My dog placed at the races. I have never been so proud of that tiny creature. I wore her medal at work the next day. I didn't even care if this one girl judged me. My dog has been doing this for 5 years and has never placed. She wasn't number one but to me it doesn't matter. (It never really matters , but still her placing is on my bucket list and I felt so proud of her getting her little medal)

3. New neuro was an improvement

4. I got my final tattoo ( for now)... this was the longest and one I was dreading the most. Technically I have to go back for the shading but thats not going to take as long as the first part. (three hours for the first part... poor guy had to keep taking breaks because his hand was cramping)

Comment

Great! Especially this one.
            Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
            3. New neuro was an improvement
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes

Friday
              Skpyed with daughter and grandchildren.

Saturday --
              Hubby and I picked up some clutter the LR and DR so house looks better.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

1. Won 200 dollars on a scratch off.
                2. Hanging out with a friend today that I haven't really seen in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
                  1. Won 200 dollars on a scratch off.
                  2. Hanging out with a friend today that I haven't really seen in a year.
                  Awesome day!
                  ~ Faith
                  (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Sunday

1. Hubby cooked dinner today!

He is a big help around the house. Picks up after himself. Is supportive of having a housekeeper clean.
                    Helps me, sometimes, with getting meals that I cook to the table. (ie: carrying things from the oven is a balance challenge for me). Very occasionally, if I ask, helps with meal prep if I am tired.
                    Always cleans up after meals and mostly takes care of the dishwasher.

But this is probably the first time, in years, that he cooked a meal. I felt so pampered.

2. We babysat my nephews this afternoon.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

1. Spent time with two of my nieces and nephews, along with their young kids and infants Saturday. Nothing like holding a sleeping baby to really think about what matters in life.
                      2. Living in the Northeast, it is that time of the year for leaf pickup. we now have a mound of leaves, 100'x2'x3' waiting for township to pickup. Grateful it didnt rain and we could finally get them up!
                      3. Grateful my husband is so handy. Fixed our plumbing leak with a pedestal sink. Had to take it all apart to get fuxtures off. Didn't hear too many outbursts either!
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                        1. Spent time with two of my nieces and nephews, along with their young kids and infants Saturday. Nothing like holding a sleeping baby to really think about what matters in life.
                        2. Living in the Northeast, it is that time of the year for leaf pickup. we now have a mound of leaves, 100'x2'x3' waiting for township to pickup. Grateful it didnt rain and we could finally get them up!
                        3. Grateful my husband is so handy. Fixed our plumbing leak with a pedestal sink. Had to take it all apart to get fuxtures off. Didn't hear too many outbursts either!
                        I love these, Kathy! I could really relate to them.
                        Spending time with young kids and infants is one of my "happy places". I could picture the reds and yellows and oranges on the ground. And, I have a handy jack-of-all trades hubby who I am also grateful for.
                        ~ Faith
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Monday

Attended an annual Celebrity Servers fundraiser meal for an agency that I volunteer with. There is a special menu, we order what we want and pay the restaurant.

Instead if the regular waiterscame waitresses, local celebrities volunteer as servers. We give very generous tips, whichcall go towards the agency. Servers include presidents of local colleges, county sheriff, other elected officials, etc.

The food was good and there were a number of good options on the menu that fit my restrictive diet.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Fr

Tuesday
                            - volunteer at Circles today

Wednesday
                            - went to see my kinesiologist. She helped me figure out how to treat some health concerns I'm currently dealing with.
                            ~ Faith
                            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                            X