6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    2 made partial goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made partial goals

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 2450 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Fri - 1715 steps;
    Sat - 1753 steps;
    Sun - 1883 steps; chair exercises on YouTube
    Mon - 2276 steps; recumbent bike
    Tues - 1495 steps;
    Wed - 1776 steps; recumbent bike

Total steps = 13,348 = 1906 average per day
    Total exercise days = 4

I feel OK about it, though. I was close.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I did not make my goal. Painful leg spasticity has put a damper on my kinds of exercising, except for some stretching and a little bit of yoga

I did help babysit a couple times and was out in the garden once crawling around planting garlic bulbs for next summer.

Not sure what this new week brings. Not making any goals but will try to do something within limits.

Sure hope you all have a wonderful week ahead!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Made my goals for this week (3 runs, 5 yoga sessions, and >7,000 steps avg)

Averaged 9,175 with another big weekend (so long as the weather and health complies we’re going to try to keep that up)
        Thu - 6,652 steps (includes 1.5 mi run + yoga)
        Fri - 4,244 steps (+ yoga)
        Sat - 12,073 steps (+ yoga)
        Sun - 24,976 steps (includes 2 mi run + yoga)
        Mon - 3,628 steps (+ yoga)
        Tue - 8,054 steps (includes 2 mi run + yoga)
        Wed - 4,601 steps

Next week’s targets are >7k steps, run 2x and yoga 5x.

Mamabug - you were close!👌

Seasha - sorry about your challenges this week, I hope you find some relief soon.

Hope everyone has a terrific week!

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Thankfully, I made goals.

I was able to do 5 walks @ 30 min each during the week.

Was up on feet 4X a day @ 30 min each, doing ADL's, chores, etc.

Did stretches several times throughout the day.

Did 10 in-chair ab crunches, 4X during the week (starting out slow, they are more difficult than expected!)

Mamabug and MisterMan ~ terrific efforts!

Seasha ~ hope you get better soon. I know that it must be frustrating for someone as active as you.

Wishing everyone good energy, perseverance, and freedom from pain and fatigue.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Getting closer

10k steps and 10 flights a day are my goals.

Thurs-5794 steps, 0 flights
            Fri- 10711 steps, 6 flights
            Sat- 17065 steps, 0 flights
            Sun- 12282 steps, 0 flights
            Mon- 12221 steps, 6 flights- Back on the mats!
            Tues- 12102 steps, 8 flights
            Wed- 8919 steps, 4 flights- started a cleanse this day, no caffeine...the struggle is real.

Although I only made partial goals, I am pleased with this week. I was able to get back to Jiu Jitsu and started a 14 day cleanse which had me down the latter half of Wednesday. Caffeine....you never know what you got till it's gone.

With the exception of Sat and Sun, not getting my flight goals is plain out laziness on my part. The steps are 50 feet away.

Great efforts this week Mamabug.

Nice work KoKo and MisterMan.

I hope you're feeling better and able to get back on track soon Seasha.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Made goals of 6K steps each day for at least 6 days out of 7 or an average of 6K steps/ day.
              (I need to change my goals - although a challenge I am making them too often)

Thu - 9143 (chicken feed to bins and going thru boxes of stuff to throw away)
              Fri - 9029 (house cleaning - mostly throwing junk away)
              Sat - 9467 (moving furniture)
              Sun - 13034 (moving furniture from one room to another)
              Mon - 7401
              Tue - 11092 (more cleaning and moving furniture around)
              Wed - 1736 (media room @ church)

Walked over goal every day this week and averaged 9572 steps/day. Whew! I will keep same goals next week.

I had been storing a bedroom suite for my mom for years and she decided that she wanted it back, so of course I had to get rid of all of the junk that had accumulated in front of that first. I loaded up her stuff and took it to her on Sat, but had to collect a bed spring (old metal one) from her place. I made the mistake of stopping by my daughters on the way home and she 'donated' a treadmill for my husband to use in his exercising. UGH - I was trying to make some room here ... I have ended up moving furniture to the living room and setting up the den as his exercise room - and a good thing too, because my daughter then found him a massage table to use for his PT exercises. In addition to the stationary bike that was already in the den.

And all I really wanted to do was to clean out one of the back bedrooms so that I could make it into a bedroom for my grandaughter .

Boudreaux - Awesome ! I am amazed at the steps and stairs that you do each week - 10 flights of stairs would put me under for the week. Keep up the momentum.

KoKo - Awesome ! I suppose that with all of the exercise junk I now have here at home that I should start doing something, but I believe that ab crunches would be the most beneficial .

MisterMan - Awesome ! I knew you could do it . Keep up the good fight.

Seasha - Awesome determination ! Hat off to you crawling around in the ground planting garlic, which can be purchased to the stores, just to have it fresh and from your own garden. Hope that the pain lets up soon.

Mamabug - Awesome ! So very close to meeting both of your goals .

Comment

Boudreaux

Good for you that you were able to get back "on the mats" for your Jiu Jitsu, which you enjoy doing!

Good luck with your stair flights next week!
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  Made goals of 6K steps each day for at least 6 days out of 7 or an average of 6K steps/ day.
                  (I need to change my goals - although a challenge I am making them too often)

Thu - 9143 (chicken feed to bins and going thru boxes of stuff to throw away)
                  Fri - 9029 (house cleaning - mostly throwing junk away)
                  Sat - 9467 (moving furniture)
                  Sun - 13034 (moving furniture from one room to another)
                  Mon - 7401
                  Tue - 11092 (more cleaning and moving furniture around)
                  Wed - 1736 (media room @ church)

Walked over goal every day this week and averaged 9572 steps/day. Whew! I will keep same goals next week.
                  You certainly exercised quite a few muscles this week, along with quite a few steps!

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  I had been storing a bedroom suite for my mom for years and she decided that she wanted it back, so of course I had to get rid of all of the junk that had accumulated in front of that first. I loaded up her stuff and took it to her on Sat, but had to collect a bed spring (old metal one) from her place. I made the mistake of stopping by my daughters on the way home and she 'donated' a treadmill for my husband to use in his exercising. UGH - I was trying to make some room here ... I have ended up moving furniture to the living room and setting up the den as his exercise room - and a good thing too, because my daughter then found him a massage table to use for his PT exercises. In addition to the stationary bike that was already in the den.

And all I really wanted to do was to clean out one of the back bedrooms so that I could make it into a bedroom for my grandaughter .
                  msgijo ~ Some of your weekly life adventures are so very engaging to read about.

I'm pretty sure, though, that at the time you were experiencing it, this adventure was quite exasperating!

Never a dull moment at msgijo's place!

Comment

Working...
                  X