Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/8/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/8/18

Hi everyone. I am sitting here in front of the computer and don’t know what to say. All I know is I’m being reminded how quickly one’s weight loss efforts can be undone. In my case it is a change in living circumstances. Now that I am living with son and family I am faced with all kinds of temptations that aren’t there when living alone. That makes me appreciate how difficult it is for those who have family nutritional needs to fulfill. I find it so much easier when I don’t have temptations around to beguile me. My daughter in law bakes all kinds of goodies I would not have around if I were still living alone. When hungry I might just sneak a cookie or two or three. I keep telling myself I will not indulge but find myself doing so no matter what are my good intentions. I appreciate how difficult it is for you with families. I keep telling myself, “Karen, you must get a grip.” It is so hard!

I gained half a pound so weigh a whopping 128 pounds which is thirteen pounds over my goal weight. I am beginning to feel helpless which does me no good. I got overly hungry this a.m. so ate some yogurt which was not a bad choice but then succumbed and ate a cookie. I told myself at least it was only one. I will try my best at dinner which will soon be here.

Agate, sorry to miss you this past week. Do let us know how you are.

Mamabug, good loss! And you are below 125. Wonderful! Your ideal weight is just in sight. Keep up the momentum.

Hsmaldo, you are missed. Please visit us soon and let us know how you are and how you are doing in the weight department.

Msgijo, it is good you have not gone over your goal weight. You are an expert at gaining a couple of pounds and then taking it off right away. Being a bit below your target weight I am sure won’t harm you. Keep on the right track.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to Women’s Health

One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

And while you're trimming fat calories, keep an eye on boosting fiber, suggests registered dietitian Elaine Magee, RD, MPH, author of Tell Me What to Eat If I Suffer From Heart Disease and Food Synergy.

Fiber helps you feel satisfied longer, so while you lighten family favorites, you can easily amp up the fiber by adding a cup of whole wheat flour to your pizza dough, or toss a handful of red bell peppers on the pie.

Don't forget to lighten the drinks going with that meal. Try switching from high-calorie favorites to diet soda or light beer, or maybe add a sprit of seltzer to your wine.

Hate low-cal drinks? Mix your preferred drinks with a splash of the low-cal option, then increase the ratio as your taste buds adjust. And don't forget to keep pouring that ultimate beverage, says Magee.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

1.6 pounds by two members. Good loss for the week. Keep up the good work. You will each reach your ideal goal weight in no time whether it be loss or gain.

Total Gain:

.5 pound by one member. Sorry to ruin the good statistic. May we all be in the loss column next week. I hope no one is avoiding the truth.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4156.7 the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Gained 0.2 pounds .

11/1 118.2
    11/8 118.4

Still in a good spot (even below my desired band of 119 - 121 pounds). We has an early Thanksgiving lunch at church this week, and of course the sweets were my downfall - yeah I brought them home with me .

Karen I understand about not having temptations around when you are trying to lose weight or even to maintain it. My husband insist on having sweets around here all the time, and while I try hard not to give in, it would really be so much easier if the stuff were not here at all.
    Maybe switch to oatmeal for breakfast - it is good for you and keeps you feeling full longer. I have started eating that and to jazz it up I add a few dried cranberries or some chopped dates (not so good for you).
    Hope that you can find something that works for you soon .

Comment

Gained 0.6 lbs

Recent weights:
      07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

11/08/18: 125.2 lbs
      11/01/18: 124.6 lbs
      10/25/18: 125.4 lbs

My weight fluctuated a lot this week. Sometimes, a gain; other times, a loss. I've been dealing with a UTI this week, off and on. I'm treating it naturally. Seems like, maybe, it's finally cleared up. But, I think it messed with my weight. I'll probably be back on track next week.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X