Gather round MSers who are on pain management wherever you are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
    I'm not going to argue with anyone, I am simply stating facts and each person can do as they wish. I have a 34 year diagnosis of this disease and have never found narcotics to be helpful with neuropathic pain. It is quite possible to learn how to deal with pain without narcotics and still live a functional life.
    Thankfully I have very little personal experience with narcotics although more than my fair share of experience on a professional level. I have probably posted this before but I think it is an excellent book. The Pain Antidote by Mel Pohl who I think is the bomb.

Again I know of zero research new or old that indicates opioids are effective for chronic pain relief. In fact most I know who are dependent on legit prescriptions, no different than an "addict", rarely report their pain as controlled anyway.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
      T I have probably posted this before but I think it is an excellent book. The Pain Antidote by Mel Pohl who I think is the bomb.
      I don't remember you posting this book. I went and looked on line and will probably buy it after the holidays. Thanks Jules!
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOPY View Post
        I don't remember you posting this book. I went and looked on line and will probably buy it after the holidays. Thanks Jules!
        My pleasure! I love it and have bought it as a gift for both friends and colleagues.
        He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
        Anonymous

Comment

Thank you all for a lively discussion. We are all different. Our bodies are different. Our beliefs are different. The important thing is that everyone is ok.

Have a wonderful holiday!

Comment

Working...
          X