Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/1/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 11/1/18

Hi everyone. Sorry I did not have this weeks report on early in the morning. As you know I usually have it in by late the night before. My computer was down until almost midnight last night because my son was putting in a beautiful new desk for me. I was exhausted after all was done. It is a pleasure to sit here this a.m. I hope you all had a fun Halloween. As I mentioned Halloween is my birthday so is double the fun. Now Thanksgiving will be here before we know it. So get rid of any left over treats from Halloween and rev it up before we are in Thanksgiving mode.

I gained 2.5 pounds so weigh 127.5 which is twelve and one half pounds over my goal weight. I am totally disgusted with myself and will try my best to lose at least half a pound over the next week.

Agate, good for you. I knew you could do it. And I know you can keep it up and get down to your ideal weight. Best of luck.

Mamabug, that is a nice loss and there you are at 125, a terrific weight, You continue to be on a roll. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you again this week. I am concerned about you and hope we hear from you this week.

Msgijo, good for you for remaining below your goal weight. I am sorry we don’t all have your track record. You are a perfect example of one who can gain a pound or two and take it right off before things get out of hand. Keep doing your usual.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to Women’s Health

One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

And while you're trimming fat calories, keep an eye on boosting fiber, suggests registered dietitian Elaine Magee, RD, MPH, author of Tell Me What to Eat If I Suffer From Heart Disease and Food Synergy.

Fiber helps you feel satisfied longer, so while you lighten family favorites, you can easily amp up the fiber by adding a cup of whole wheat flour to your pizza dough, or toss a handful of red bell peppers on the pie.

Don't forget to lighten the drinks going with that meal. Try switching from high-calorie favorites to diet soda or light beer, or maybe add a spritz of seltzer to your wine.

Hate low-cal drinks? Mix your preferred drinks with a splash of the low-cal option, then increase the ratio as your taste buds adjust. And don't forget to keep pouring that ultimate beverage, says Magee.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.2 pounds by two members. Good loss for the week. You are on a roll so don’t stop. You will each reach your ideal goal weight in no time.

Total Gain:

2.5 pounds by one member. Sorry to ruin the good statistic. May we all be in the loss column next week. I hope no one is avoiding the truth,

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
    07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

11/01/18: 124.6 lbs
    10/25/18: 125.4 lbs.

My goal weight is 121-122 lbs. I might reach it by Thanksgiving. I'm a little discouraged about inches in my waist though. It's gone down, some, as I've been losing weight.

But it's still 2" bigger than it was in the past, when my weight was down here 7 or 8 years ago. That was pre- menopause; now I'm post. Makes a difference.

((Belly fat. Sigh.))

~ Faith
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

YIKES - I lost 0.8 pounds.

10/25 119.0
      11/1 118.2

Goal weight is still 120 pounds, so I am below goal weight.

Mamabug - Awesome loss ! I expect that you will reach your goal weight before Thanksgiving . Great job with the slow steady losses.

ShrinkKaren - Sorry for the gain. I know how discouraging it can be to attempt to lose some weight and see a gain each week . Hope that things turn around for you soon .

Agate - AWESOME ! I knew that you could outlast that stubborn weight. Hopefully the remaining unwanted weight will see that you mean business and will leave easier . YAY YOU!

Comment

Working...
      X