Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lubalicious

Hey,

My name is Luba. I just got diagnosed with MS. I can't stop crying. I have great family and friends.
    I knew I had it but my doctor didn't believe me. I am a nurse and social worker by trade. They assumed I was just exaggerating.

Welcome to MSWorld, Lubalicious! Sorry you just got a diagnosis, but you've come to the right place for support and wonderful information about MS. Folks here are welcoming and because we all have MS, we understand what it means to get a new dx. It can be scary not knowing all the facts about this disease and hopefully we can answer lots of questions that you may have.

So glad you also have friends for support!
    Take care now
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello Lubalicious and welcome to MSWorld 🙂
      Diagnosed 1984
      “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hu Luba,

Welcome. Many of us had the exact reaction. Many tears were shed. It is a grieving process. Glad to hear you have supportive friends and family.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Hello

welcome, you have found a good m.s site

Comment

That´s a curse and a blessing to be a nurse with the dx. I´ve checked out the Canadian MS website and would also recommend looking at the Australian, UK and US ones. Each has something that the others don´t have. Sounds like the wait times can be long in Canada. Can you get your vitamin D3 level checked out right away and at least address that with supplements?

Tears of sadness release chemicals of stress so your body is doing what it needs to do.
            Hugs from south of the border.

Comment

Welcome, Lubalicious

You and I have several things in common.
              - I was a licensed social worker. My daughter is a nurse.
              - I am a Canadian -- a dual citizen, actually. Although I've spent my adult life in the US and I consider this home, being a Canadian remains a very important part of who I am and definitely contributed to my world view and my values. Canada is my roots.

(Unfortunately, growing up north of the 49th parallel may have also contributed to my MS.)

Sorry for your diagnosis. I'm glad you have support. You'll be OK, you really will. You will need to adjust to a new "normal". Allow yourself to grieve. And then, pull out your resiliency toolbox.
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
              X