5 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals
    1 made partial goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Did not make goals

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1280 steps
    Fri - 2645 steps; recumbent bike
    Sat - 1297 steps;
    Sun - 1649 steps;
    Mon - 1216 steps
    Tues - 1327 steps;
    Wed - 1985 steps; recumbent bike

Total steps = 11,399 = 1628 average per day
    Total exercise days = 2
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Made goals this week, plus some bonus points for a little extra "detailed" cleaning for apartment inspections.

Did 5 walks during the week @ 30 min each + up and active 4X every day @ 30 min each + stretches + ab crunches + extra cleaning.

Some days I moved about better than usual, and I am most thankful for that!

All in all I had a very good week moving this ole body around.

Mamabug ~ you did pretty good! Wishing you an even better week, and hope you can accomplish your desired goals.

Wishing everyone good energy and perseverance!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Met Partial Goals

Hi everyone,

Lots of steps last weekend saved me from a complete blank.
        One shy each for yoga and running (Wanted three each, had 2 runs and 1 yoga).

Steps averaged 9,520
        Thu - 2,808
        Fri - 2,445 (did yoga too)
        Sat - 15,323 (incl 2 mi run)
        Sun - 24,255 (we walked EVERYWHERE - or it felt like it, anyway)
        Mon - 8,482 (incl 2 mi run)
        Tue - 8,549
        Wed - 4,779

This week’s plan is for 3 runs, 5 yoga sessions, and >7,000 steps.

Mamabug - even though you didn’t get the win, you got some good points on the board!

KoKo - great week! 👍

I hope everyone has a great week ahead, can’t believe it’s November already!

Comment

Great work MisterMan and KoKo! And Mamabug, it's still very impressive week!

I made my goal - barely:

Babysat twice (3 hrs each)
          Vacuumed two large rooms
          Outdoors cleaning up flower and shrub beds 2 times. Almost done! I had to dodge rain bullets and couldn't stay out there as much as before - 1 hr instead of 1 1/2 hrs., but still....

Next week the same 5x, but I'm having some pain in my left leg and increase in spasticity, so we'll see.

Hoping everyone is doing well!
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
            Lots of steps last weekend saved me from a complete blank.

Steps averaged 9,520
            Thu - 2,808
            Fri - 2,445 (did yoga too)
            Sat - 15,323 (incl 2 mi run)
            Sun - 24,255 (we walked EVERYWHERE - or it felt like it, anyway)
            Mon - 8,482 (incl 2 mi run)
            Tue - 8,549
            Wed - 4,779
            Lots of steps is right, MisterMan - wow, fantastic!

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
            This week’s plan is for 3 runs, 5 yoga sessions, and >7,000 steps.
            Good luck with your desired plan!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              I made my goal - barely:

Babysat twice (3 hrs each)
              Vacuumed two large rooms
              Outdoors cleaning up flower and shrub beds 2 times. Almost done! I had to dodge rain bullets and couldn't stay out there as much as before - 1 hr instead of 1 1/2 hrs., but still....
              Seasha ~ "barely" making your goal definitely counts here as an accomplishment! You did very well!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
              Next week the same 5x, but I'm having some pain in my left leg and increase in spasticity, so we'll see.
              Hoping your pain and spasticity take a hike! Just do what you can, without hurting yourself or causing fatigue. Doing the daily "have to do's" might be enough!

Comment

Nice work everyone..

My goals are 10k steps a day and 10 flights of stairs...

Thu - 4321 steps, 1 flight
                Fri - 3676 steps, 0 flights
                Sat - 3568 steps, 16 flights
                Sun - 3417 steps, 11 flights
                Mon - 2688 steps, 10 flights
                Tue - 10,595 steps, 7 flights
                Wed - 10,721 steps, 0 flights

Hit step goals 2 out of 5 days and stair goals 3 out of 7. Still falling short but not really disappointed considering my workload. Still....no excuses.
                The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                  Nice work everyone..

My goals are 10k steps a day and 10 flights of stairs...

Thu - 4321 steps, 1 flight
                  Fri - 3676 steps, 0 flights
                  Sat - 3568 steps, 16 flights
                  Sun - 3417 steps, 11 flights
                  Mon - 2688 steps, 10 flights
                  Tue - 10,595 steps, 7 flights
                  Wed - 10,721 steps, 0 flights

Hit step goals 2 out of 5 days and stair goals 3 out of 7. Still falling short but not really disappointed considering my workload. Still....no excuses.
                  Boudreaux ~ it looks like your average number of stair flight climbs, for the week, is a little over 6 per day ~ still pretty darn good, all things considered!

Comment

Made goals - Goals are 6K steps on at least 5 of 7 days OR average 6 K steps each of 7 days.

Thu - 7878
                    Fri - 12100
                    Sat - 10904
                    Sun - 7630
                    Mon - 7346
                    Tue - 7237
                    Wed - 8178

Walked over 6K steps every day and averaged 8753 steps/day.
                    The end of the week slowed down some - YAY ME!. I will keep the same goals for next week.

Boudreaux - Great week ! Even tho you didn't meet your goals you did an impressive amount of activity! Keep up the momentum.

Seasha - Awesome week ! It has turned rainy here so no outside stuff for me (other than the 'have-to-dos). Hope that you feel better soon .

MisterMan - Great week ! Making a partial goal is noteworthy - if nothing else it shows the intent to try to do more. I am amazed at people who run just to run (I am definitely the tortoise type )

KoKo - Awesome week ! It seems that you keep adding on new things to do. How are the ab crunches coming along - any improvements yet?

Mamabug - Great week! You continue to push towards your goals and that counts! Hoping that next week is better for you .

Hope that all have a wonderful week with plenty of energy to meet goals.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                      Made goals - Goals are 6K steps on at least 5 of 7 days OR average 6 K steps each of 7 days.

Thu - 7878
                      Fri - 12100
                      Sat - 10904
                      Sun - 7630
                      Mon - 7346
                      Tue - 7237
                      Wed - 8178

Walked over 6K steps every day and averaged 8753 steps/day.
                      The end of the week slowed down some - YAY ME!. I will keep the same goals for next week.
                      YAY for you, msgijo!

How are the ab crunches coming along - any improvements yet?
                      Well I learned one thing - the ab crunches aren't as easy as I thought they were in the beginning.

At first I thought gosh, this is way too easy. Then I rewatched the video!

I'm now focusing on doing them correctly - that is - keeping my shoulders back (not hunched over) and leaning back all the way in the chair after each forward movement. Much more difficult!

After I work up to 15 - two or three times a day, I'm sure there will have to be some kind of improvement in my core strength.

Comment

It seems that you keep adding on new things to do.
                        The only new addition to my routine is the core strengthening exercise (the in-chair ab crunch).

Comment

Working...
                        X