A break for now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A break for now

I might be taking a break from here for awhile. I’ve tried faking being positive and it’s not working. I tried that “one on one” connection thing and it was a waste of time.

I honestly never realized how fake people are until I found out I had this. (NO ONE here)

Im pretty much taking a break from everything but work, working out while I binge Netflix, and sleeping as much as possible.

I know every one here will find this a bad idea but while I’m away I’m trying a strict fasting diet.

I found harvard studies that were done on mice that said fasting improved their issues.

I just have so many things I need to figure out and I need to do them alone.

I will probably check back at least once an this but after the first I have a lot of things I need to decide and I don’t want to clog up the boards with my 100000 issues.

Thanks for everyone’s help and even if I decide to stay away for ever I’ll come back and say “bye”

Hang in there, Daisycat...

You’ll get through those 100000 issues.

See you when you come back.

Comment

I know you have your new neuro appt coming up in November. Wanted to wish you well.

Hope you find some peace in your break.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Smart move, Daisy, as it's always good to back away from time to time. we'll miss you! You have provided some great discussions here. Good luck on your fasting and also your appt with the new neuro.

Take care until we "see" you again.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Hello Daisycat,

No one in my memory has ever engendered the kind of conversation you have at this site and I want to thank you, Daisy. You are incredibly honest in your expressions and I believe that draws people in and often provokes reply.

Life is imperfect for all of us. All of us. There are no exceptions. We all, including those w/o MS, figure a way forward as best we can often with little help or support The world does not understand MS well and probably never will so any comfort, support, or assistance from the world at large is extremely limited for PwMS.

There are those who have great understanding of this disease and they are much appreciated. But I must say that the support, care, and concern from you and for you has proven a valuable aid to those facing many of the issues you have raised here.

Thank you again for giving voice to what so many face but seldom can express as thoughtfully and eloquently you as you do. You speak for more than yourself. Your honesty is compelling! Please feel free to post whenever you like. We are all better because of you. We all love you, Daisycat.

Comment

I appreciate that you tried and personally have found value in the old adage "fake it till you make it" but if its not working for you now thats cool.

You know where we are if you want to talk. I, for one, am almost always up for a MS-SUCKS gripe session.
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

Taking the time to invest in yourself is an awesome idea.
              The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Thanks for letting us know. The fake it til you make it might still work. Sometimes it takes awhile to create a genuine attitude change.

I continue to encourage therapy. A skilled therapist could help you navigate the changes that MS has thrust upon you. It could help you to process your grief related to your MS.
                ~ Faith
                MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                X