Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I try Ocrevus?

Hello,
    I have been on Tecfidera since 2016. It worked for me great. Some time after I started it I developed lower back pain which wouldn't go away. I got difficulties standing up from sitting position. When I forced myself to stand up straight, after a minute, the pain would go away and I would function normally without pain. I got a lower back MRI, RTG, all normal.
    Then it occurred to me that it might be Tecfidera side effect. With my Dr permission, I stopped Tecfidera for 2 weeks, and sure enough the pain went away.
    My next MS med option is Ocrevus . It sounded like nice alter, but now, after reading about all of those cancers, terrible side effects, I am not sure about it. Can you please share your experience?

Hello bosman, I also stopped Tec. and I started Ocrevus June 2017. I have not had any improvements of my ms sx's but I have not had a relapse. I will be getting my 1st MRI since starting next month. I am hoping it does not show any progression.

Yes, seems like the best meds. come with some scary side effects that or may not happen. I took the risk with Tysabri for a while and now with Ocrevus.

Wishing you the best in whatever you decide.
    God Bless Us All

Comment

Am on Ocrevus- since April of 2017 and have no complaints. If you go to the US govt. website for clinical trials and search for orcrevus or ocrelizumab, you will find several trials with results. Scan down the page for the serious adverse effects and then you will have a better sense of the risk. But also look at the outcomes to balance your view.

Comment

I'm not on Ocrevus, but I truly believe the infusions have the highest efficacy along with the greatest potential to heal, albeit with a slighter bigger risk. If you haven't watched this webinar, I highly recommend it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4prsO-FDzs

Comment

Ocrevus with SPMS

Has anyone tried Ocrevus with SPMS? Has it worked for you? I'm really thinking of wanting to switch.
          DX 2017/Tecfidera/Ocrevus 2019

Comment

Originally posted by ru4cats View Post
            I'm not on Ocrevus, but I truly believe the infusions have the highest efficacy along with the greatest potential to heal, albeit with a slighter bigger risk. If you haven't watched this webinar, I highly recommend it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4prsO-FDzs
            Thank you for the link

Comment

Thank you for your responses.
              I have a visit tomorrow, and still can’t decide.
              My back pain is 80% better since I stopped Tecfidera a month ago , so I am convinced it was a side effect of it.
              As far as MS symptoms, I am basically a symptomatic, so it is hard to weight pros and cons of Ocrevus. What would you do?
              Go with different pills or go with Ocrevus ?

Comment

Thank you for your responses.
                I have a visit tomorrow, and still can’t decide.
                My back pain is 80% better since I stopped Tecfidera a month ago , so I am convinced it was a side effect of it.
                As far as MS symptoms, I am basically a symptomatic, so it is hard to weight pros and cons of Ocrevus. What would you do?
                Go with different pills or go with Ocrevus ?

Comment

Working...
                X