Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/25/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/25/18

Hi everyone. Halloween is drawing near. Soon all of the little ghoulies and ghosties will darken your doorsteps. Try to get rid of all those goodies by the end of the evening. We don’t need all of that sugary confection to add to our weight. Halloween is my birthday which I am sure I have mentioned on other years. It was lots of fun during my youth. Now I wish I could subtract a few years.

I lost two pounds so weigh 125 which is still ten pounds over my goal weight. I am storing quite a lot of fluid for some reason so my weight is probably not accurate.

Agate, sorry about your gain but glad you are celebrating being below the 120's. I know you will lose more and will get into those smaller clothes in your closet. Best of luck.

Mamabug, Nice loss. You will be at 125 in no time. I am truly impressed at how you have continued to go down with your current eating regimen. You said it isn’t for weight loss but it certainly has had that effect. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, sorry to miss you again this week. I do hope you are doing well and will let us know soon.

Msgijo, your post is certainly missed. Looking forward to your next report.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

From THE EDITORS OF EAT THIS, NOT THAT!

Dieters and ETNT staffers alike fell head over heels for green tea—and it’s easy to see why: The cornerstone brew of The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse is packed with compounds called catechins, belly-fat crusaders that blast belly fat by revving the metabolism, increasing the release of fat from fat cells, and then speeding up the liver’s fat burning capacity. In a recent study, participants who combined a daily habit of 4-5 cups of green tea with a 25-minute sweat session (or 180 minutes a week), lost 2 more pounds than the non-tea-drinking exercisers. Meanwhile, a research team in Washington found that the same amount of coffee (5+ cups a day) doubled belly fat. Make the most of the benefits from tea with The 7-Day Flat-Belly Tea Cleanse, by food journalist Kelly Choi and the editors of Eat This, Not That!, test panelists lost up to 10 pounds in one week!

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.8 pounds by two members. Nice loss for a week. Those fractions help add up to a really nice total for two people losing. Keep that scale going down for those who have more to lose.

Total Gain:

1 pounds by. I hope no one is avoiding the truth,

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4152.9 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Hi all. Sorry for the MIA, but things have been WAY too hectic these last couple of weeks .

I have been yo-yoing with my weight, but I also had a birthday during that time. DH took me out to eat and I "rewarded" myself for my weight last week with an ice cream . I think I gained a tiny amount since my last check in but I an still below my weight goal (120 pounds) so I am happy.

10/11 118.9
    10/18 120.0
    10/25 119.0

ShrinkKaren -Great loss ! You can do this. I am sorry to hear that you are retaining fluid again and hope that it can be straightened out soon .

It is a good thing that I live so far off the main road that we never have trick or treaters, so I stopped buying candy for them many years ago.My problem with this time of year is that it is getting cooler and I tend to make hearty stews with various breads as a side. They are good, but not so good for my weight plan .

Hope that everybody has a great week .

Comment

Lost 1.2 lbs

Recent weights:
      07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

10/18/18: 126.6 lbs
      10/25/18: 125.4 lbs
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Back to 117 now, I'm glad to say.

msgijo, trick or treaters aren't allowed in my building but I recall hordes of them years ago when I had a house.

The problem was always to keep from eating the candy myself. I tried to buy candy they'd like but I didn't like--candycorn, for instance--and to make sure I gave out every bit of it so there wouldn't be any left over.
        MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
        X