Gratitude journal for 10/25/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 10/25/18

New weekly thread. Post daily, once a week, whenever you want. No rules, except please post gratitudes, not complaints.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Gratitudes for Thursday

Called my Dad today.

My daughter posted some cute photos of grandsons on Facebook.
    ~ Faith
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

My first trainer / PT session is later today! She's back from a long vacation.

Kept exercising routines up, quite well, while on my own but looking forward to requesting a stretching session.

I can do a fair stretch routine but nothing beats assistance to reach and hold a thorough, long stretch!

For me this eclipses any massage.

....Ahhh

Comment

1. I got to change out some of my new piercings that were really bothering me. The studs feel 100 times better than the hoops.

2. I finally got my PTO down low enough ( for now) so I won't lose it next year.... Am kinda annoyed they changed the policy but I didn't think I would ever get it low enough to where I didn't lose any.

Comment

FOWWOW-UP

The stretch session was heaven!

Comment

Gratitude for a dry warm summer-

so I could grow 11 sugar pie pumpkins
            so I could bake 2 pumpkin pies and 2 loaves of pumpkin bread so far
            so I could give each grandchild one for Halloween
            so I could give away some to friends.

And still have some to store.
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Gratitudes

Friday
              1. Voted

2. Went to small group. Six women who get together, usually every two weeks, to share about our lives and pray with each other.

Saturday
              1. Went out for supper. We used to do that a lot, but not so much anymore since I began my restrictive diet. Ordered a hamburger steak. Instead of sides, I asked them to saute some onions / mushrooms / green peppers in olive oil. It was good.

Not 100% ony diet cuz beef wasn't grass fed and veggies weren't organic. Bit close.

2. Skyped with daughter and grandsons. Watched 2 1/2 y.o. M play with flannel board toys that daughter made recently.
              - Ice cream cones to assemble. He could count them; sometimes up to 8.
              - Snowman with 3 pieces, nose, hat, scarf, arms, mittens, pipe. Snowflakes.
              Watched 11 m.o. Logan repeatedly pull flannel pieces off of board while M tried to play.

M told us about their trip to the pool today and going down the slide, etc.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Sunday

Relaxing day.

Watched a movie with hubby on Amazon Prime.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I'm thankful for GOD and MSWORLD!!!
                  God Bless Us All

Comment

Gratitudes for Monday

Attended a meeting of my Writing group.

We try to meet once a month. There were 5 of us there yesterday. We read about 1000 word piece that we wrote. We give each other feedback -- both the parts we like, and suggestions for improvement.

I have been working, for several years, on a memoir that mostly chronicles my journey with MS (challenges and successes), my faith, and the things in life that give me hope and joy. I don't work on my writing as frequently as I wish I did. For the last year or so, I've been going through chapters I wrote previously, getting rid of chapters that no longer fit my focus, and editing / cleaning up chapters I wish to keep.

The feedback I receive is always helpful.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes

Tuesday -
                      Got some tasks done on my to do list. Just paying bills, etc.

Wednesday -
                      Rode recumbent bike at rec center.
                      Wednesday night supper at church. Soup and dessert. Lots of gluten free options, except for bread.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                      X