5 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    4 made goals
    1 made partial goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    --
    Other:

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Goals:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1442 steps
    Fri - 2445 steps; recumbent bike
    Sat - 2647 steps; picked up clutter around the house because I had some friends over for a movie night
    Sun - 2629 steps; went to the park and took two 2-block walks
    Mon - 1546 steps
    Tues - 2612 steps; Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1992 steps; PT exercises

Total steps = 15,313 = 2188 average per day
    Total exercise days = 5
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Made goals.

The 5 walks @ 30 min each went well, with two that went really well, better than usual, which is always encouraging!

I was up and active doing chores, etc. 4X a day @ 30 min each, everyday.

Did stretches, and have added ab crunches for core strength. Doing a gradual increase of the crunches to minimize any possible muscle soreness.

Overall, I had a nice week, thankfully!

Mamabug ~ great job on your goals!

Wishing everyone a great week, with good energy and perseverance!
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Way to go Mamabug and KoKo!

Gosh, KoKo, if you are walking 30 min 5x - that's about 2 1/5 hours of walking per day! That's remarkable

I upped my goal for 5x this week and made it. Lots of sunny days had me outside still cleaning up garden and flower beds. I babysat 2 mornings and even made my bonus goal of vacuuming and washing the kitchen and walk in pantry floors. They were the worst from tracking, putting up food for winter - plus, I'm a messy cooker. Always dropping things.

It's been raining now so I'll concentrate on vacuuming and washing more floor this next week. Will try for 5x again.

Hopeyou all keep up the momentum of getting those exercises in!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          Gosh, KoKo, if you are walking 30 min 5x - that's about 2 1/5 hours of walking per day! That's remarkable
          Seasha, I walk 5X a week (not 5X per day), @ 30 min each.
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I upped my goal for 5x this week and made it. Lots of sunny days had me outside still cleaning up garden and flower beds. I babysat 2 mornings and even made my bonus goal of vacuuming and washing the kitchen and walk in pantry floors. They were the worst from tracking, putting up food for winter - plus, I'm a messy cooker. Always dropping things.
            That's a good deal of physical activities!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
              Seasha, I walk 5X a week (not 5X per day), @ 30 min each.
              Oh LOL - still that's really great cuz I know you're giving it your all!

Comment

Hi all - sorry for the MIA, but the last 2 weeks have been WAY too hectic! I DID meet goals last week @ 6K steps on ALL 7 days with an average of 8028 steps/day.

This week I also made goals:
                Thu - 7962 (repaired fence dh's way - to keep dogs in the back yard)
                Fri - 9185 (shopping and 3 hrs volunteer work also went to 1st session of marriage retreat)
                Sat - 8479 (attended 2nd part of retreat and got dogs back in the backyard )
                Sun - 9140 (Church and repaired fence my way - dogs still in )
                Mon - 6667 (errands and 2 hr volunteer work)
                Tue - 6569 (took a break - only "have to do's")
                Wed - 6839 (Blood work for me and dh doctor appointment also media room @ church)

Over 6k steps every day with an average of 7834. Thankfully things are starting to taper off some. I will be busy until after the weekend and then maybe I can get back to normal .

Mamabug - Great week ! It is good to see you back in the groove!

KoKo - Great job ! Please let us know how the ab crunches go - I suspect that they would help me also.

Seasha - Great week ! It is turning much cooler here, but I did manage to get all the flowers either in the greenhouse or in the house. I never have gotten around to pruning the blueberry bushes .

Wishing everybody a great week with plenty of energy to meet all of your goals

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
                  Hi all - sorry for the MIA, but the last 2 weeks have been WAY too hectic! I DID meet goals last week @ 6K steps on ALL 7 days with an average of 8028 steps/day.
                  Well then - I was wondering where you were, and hoping everything was ok! And all the while you were just racking up bonus points!

This week I also made goals:
                  Thu - 7962 (repaired fence dh's way - to keep dogs in the back yard)
                  Fri - 9185 (shopping and 3 hrs volunteer work also went to 1st session of marriage retreat)
                  Sat - 8479 (attended 2nd part of retreat and got dogs back in the backyard )
                  Sun - 9140 (Church and repaired fence my way - dogs still in )
                  Mon - 6667 (errands and 2 hr volunteer work)
                  Tue - 6569 (took a break - only "have to do's")
                  Wed - 6839 (Blood work for me and dh doctor appointment also media room @ church)

Over 6k steps every day with an average of 7834. Thankfully things are starting to taper off some. I will be busy until after the weekend and then maybe I can get back to normal .
                  Great job on goals, and then some! Good luck for a more normal and less hectic week!

KoKo - Great job ! Please let us know how the ab crunches go - I suspect that they would help me also.
                  Sure will. I am doing the simple 'sitting in chair' crunches. I will be glad for improvement, or even for maintaining. A weakened core affects basic body movements, such as keeping balance, getting up and down from sitting position, bending over and straightening back up, sitting erect, or even standing for any length of time.

Comment

Partial Goals Met

Hi everyone,

Sounds like you all have had a great week! 👌

I had a busy week myself, more steps than I’ve had in a long time. Lots of steps and a couple of runs, but didn’t get as much yoga in as I wanted. (Wanted 3 days but only got 1 in)

Avg 12,377 steps

Note - I’m repeating last Thursday to sync my week with everyone else
                    Thu - 9,360 (incl. 1.5 mi run)
                    Fri - 6,971
                    Sat - 16,837
                    Sun - 13,831 (also did yoga)
                    Mon - 13,591 (incl. 1.5 mi run)
                    Tue - 16,484
                    Wed - 9,566

Next week my steps will go down to normal ~7k avg but i do plan to get 3 runs and 3 yoga sessions in.

Hope you all have a great week and enjoy the change in weather!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                      I had a busy week myself, more steps than I’ve had in a long time. Lots of steps and a couple of runs, but didn’t get as much yoga in as I wanted. (Wanted 3 days but only got 1 in)

Avg 12,377 steps

Note - I’m repeating last Thursday to sync my week with everyone else
                      Thu - 9,360 (incl. 1.5 mi run)
                      Fri - 6,971
                      Sat - 16,837
                      Sun - 13,831 (also did yoga)
                      Mon - 13,591 (incl. 1.5 mi run)
                      Tue - 16,484
                      Wed - 9,566
                      Marvelous, MisterMan!

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                      Next week my steps will go down to normal ~7k avg but i do plan to get 3 runs and 3 yoga sessions in.
                      Good luck on your running and yoga goals!

Comment

Originally posted by KoKo View Post
                        I am doing the simple 'sitting in chair' crunches. I will be glad for improvement, or even for maintaining. A weakened core affects basic body movements, such as keeping balance, getting up and down from sitting position, bending over and straightening back up, sitting erect, or even standing for any length of time.
                        I'm curious about the sitting in chair crunches you do, KoKo. I could use some "how-to's" as my core strength has weakened and all you described is something needing help. The yoga I do helps to an extant, but I could use a different modality too.

Can you describe or is there a good video to show that you know of?

Comment

I'm curious about the sitting in chair crunches you do, KoKo. I could use some "how-to's" as my core strength has weakened and all you described is something needing help. The yoga I do helps to an extant, but I could use a different modality too.

Can you describe or is there a good video to show that you know of?
                          Seasha, I am only able to do the first one (both ways) so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOQCA3RsHH0

Comment

Thanks KoKo!

I think I'll start trying these, although don't think I can do both leg lifts...left leg too weak and right not far behind. but trying is better than nothing - right?

Comment

Thanks KoKo!

I think I'll start trying these, although don't think I can do both leg lifts...left leg too weak and right not far behind. but trying is better than nothing - right?
                              I hear you, Seasha. I can't lift my legs while in a sitting position, and haven't been able to do so for many years - despite physical therapy and leg exercising equipment at home.

The signals just aren't getting through anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X