constipation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

constipation

I've heard that constipation can be a problem for people with MS. Wondering how common it is and what most people do to alleviate this problem.

Thanks

Originally posted by rsinger View Post
    I've heard that constipation can be a problem for people with MS. Wondering how common it is and what most people do to alleviate this problem.

Thanks
    What seems to help me is exercise and drink plenty of water when it does happen I take muralax

Comment

I eat at least 1 prune everyday.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

I find taking a probiotic helps - I take one that has 50 billion CFU with 10 different probiotic stains along with 500 mg of chelated magnesium each day on an empty stomach (as directed).

I'm also discovering I really have to limit my intake of any meats and poultry. I'm experimenting with this right now as I'm wondering if my body has a hard time breaking these down. I never eat much of these anyway, but limiting them even more.

I drink lots of water, go the GF route and eat lots of veggies!
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I find myself a little lucky here if you call it luck. My good bacteria is missing in my gut so I have to eat yogurt everyday. If I miss a day I get the runs. So if I start getting constipated I just skip the yogurt. Not getting to far from the bathroom the next couple days.

Comment

Working...
          X