Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Career shift

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
    Good for you, Ant! I was a social worker in my "former life". Since I "retired", I did a lot of volunteering, mostly in the social service and early childhood fields. I do quite a bit less volunteering, in recent years.

But, yes -- I expect that it will be a very rewarding career. It might not always, however, be less stressful.
    Anything is better than manual labour and the stress of an aging body, 37 is still young and full of energy but will wear me down more and more as the years go on. I just want to sit in an office and counsel the you youth with my experience, it could’ve valuable to some, and I’m not an old man and still can relate.

Comment

There are some amazing programs in the US for Restorative Justice and I´ve seen a cool documentary about putting it into practice. The tools you learn to help youth will also help you center and calm yourself. The compassion you are developing for yourself due to MS will be obvious in how you relate to others with compassion.

Comment

Counsel

Originally posted by Temagami View Post
        There are some amazing programs in the US for Restorative Justice and I´ve seen a cool documentary about putting it into practice. The tools you learn to help youth will also help you center and calm yourself. The compassion you are developing for yourself due to MS will be obvious in how you relate to others with compassion.
        i think counseling youth will definitely benefit me and calm myself. Totally agree.

im in Canada and there are tons of social programs here to pursue.

Comment

Ant, we haven't heard from you for a long time. I'm just checking in. How are you?
          ~ Faith
          MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
          - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
          - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
          X