6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    2 made partial goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    I did not make goals.
    Other:

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made both goals

Goalsl:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1897 steps, Tai Chi and three 2-block walks
    Fri - 1595 steps
    Sat - 1611 steps
    Sun - 1746 steps
    Mon - 1919 steps, PT exercises
    Tues - 2452 steps, Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 2841 steps, Recumbent bike

Total steps = 14,061 = 2008 average per day
    Total exercise days = 4
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Thurs - 7756 steps, 1 floor
      Fri - 8277, 5 floors
      Sat - 7757, 0 floors
      Sun - 4009, 0 floors
      Mon - 5367, 16 floors
      Tues - 11692, 11 floors
      Wed - 6329, 10 floors

Not pleased with my performance again this week but I'm getting it back on track. Strong on the diet and still cranking out the push ups. A home remodeling project is consuming some of what would otherwise be exercise time but I consider that to be an emotional deposit into my wifes account, no problems there.

17 days until I am back on the BJJ mats....Ribs feel good.

Keep it going.
      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Yay Mamabug~ You made it

And Boudreaux - good work trying to get back on track! I'd have to consider home remodeling a form of exercise too.

I made my goal and then some:

2x babysitting for granddaughter
        4x out in the garden with more harvesting, cleaning up beds and landscape flowers beds too.
        It frosted one morning, so I'm concentrating getting things done outside and the sunny days have kept me going. Forecast for rain next week, so will try to start on the house cleaning - it needs attention too!

I'm upping my goal for next week to five. Bonus will be to get some of the floors cleaned.
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

I made goals, thankfully.

The 5 walks @ 30 min each went well, even though I seem to need more pauses after so many consecutive steps, which varies.

The pauses are not really due to my body feeling tired, or needing a rest (in the usual sense), but seem more to do with my nerve signals (that go to and from my legs) getting confused and needing to catch up, if that makes sense!

Also, was up and active doing chores etc., 4X a day @ 30 min each, and did the daily stretches.

I've been doing easy chair abdominal crunches recently for my core strength, so I will add them to my routine as well.

Looks like everyone has been active, which is terrific!

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
          I made my goal and then some:

2x babysitting for granddaughter
          4x out in the garden with more harvesting, cleaning up beds and landscape flowers beds too.
          It frosted one morning, so I'm concentrating getting things done outside and the sunny days have kept me going. Forecast for rain next week, so will try to start on the house cleaning - it needs attention too!

I'm upping my goal for next week to five. Bonus will be to get some of the floors cleaned.
          Good for you, Seasha!

Hope everyone has a good week, with energy and perseverance.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Made goals for this week

It’s good to be back.

Great job, mamabug and koko!

Boudreaux, remodels can be an adventure...hope this doesn’t consume you! We did a remodel shortly before my diagnosis, I’m happy to be on this side of it

More steps than usual for me this week, I had extra excuses to walk places this week and was happy to take the opportunities. Ran a little further too which helped.

Averaged 8,599 steps
            Fri - 9,157
            Sat - 6,805
            Sun - 12,258
            Mon - 3,934
            Tue - 12,666 (incl. 2 mile run)
            Wed - 6,016
            Thu - 9,360 (incl. 2 mile run)

Next week I want to bring back some yoga into my routine. I’m not sure I can keep the same steps avg though, but should be at least 7k avg. We’ll see...

Have a great week!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
              More steps than usual for me this week, I had extra excuses to walk places this week and was happy to take the opportunities. Ran a little further too which helped.

Averaged 8,599 steps
              Fri - 9,157
              Sat - 6,805
              Sun - 12,258
              Mon - 3,934
              Tue - 12,666 (incl. 2 mile run)
              Wed - 6,016
              Thu - 9,360 (incl. 2 mile run)
              It looks like bonus points for you, MisterMan!
              PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
              ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
              X