Gratitude journal for 10/18/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitudes for Sunday

1. Subbed as a pianist in different church today. 10 in congregation plus pastor plus worship leader plus me for a total of 12. 9 absent members were prayed for -- homebound or hospitalized.

I wasn't flawless -- made more mistakes than I was comfortable with. But congregation was welcoming and gracious. They seemed to appreciate the postlude, even applauded, which is somewhat unusual in most of the congregations I've been in.

2. A beautiful, warm sunny day today! :-)

3. Hubby and I drove to the park. Did two short walks around the perimeter of one small playground. Sat in the sun and enjoyed watching the children play.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 10-22-2018, 12:18 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
      So for me finding the motivation to actually even make this guide is a plus for me. I haven't even really thought about doing anything to further my career in 13 months.
      Awesome!
      ~ Faith
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Having read all of the new posts this morning I have to say this;

I am very grateful I no longer get concerned, even in the slightest, with not knowing an abbreviation for a sx, test, disease, treatment, etc.

I am grateful for those who do know... for attempting, yet again, to put at ease a "newbie," or an old member perplexed by their current concerns. Over and over again if necessary.

That over time, my spiritual growth, fortitude, values / virtues, has at least kept pace with the progression of my MS.

That I see a bigger picture, not perfectly clearly yet,... but can still enjoy the little things.

That I am beginning to grasp what relationship really means (thank you guys), without a personal relationship.

Except, of course, God.

Comment

Thanks 502E79. Interesting gratitudes.
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitudes for Monday

27 y.o. smart son, who has dropped / flunked out of college 3 times, due to low motivation decided to re-take a class that he got an F in about 3 or 4 years ago.

Son expects to get an A. On his most recent exam, he got 116%.

The professor graded on a curve. He wanted to bump up their grade 20% because so many in the class did poorly on the exam.
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post

I am very grateful I no longer get concerned, even in the slightest, with not knowing an abbreviation for a sx, test, disease, treatment, etc.

I gotta admit every time I see sx I ALWAYS think surgery. I had to google it the first time because for me sx has always meant surgery. So I was pretty confused at first.

Mine for today

1. New episode of the Flash on today.

2. I got to play with a litter of dachshund puppies at work today... for 45 minutes. BEST day back at work ever just because of that.

Comment

Gratitudes for Tuesday

1. Visited with neighbor and her 2 y.o. and baby over the fence today. Little V invited herself over so I extended an invitation.

First I enjoyed watching them play on our playground. Then we came inside to play in the playroom.

I enjoy kids so much. Kind of like you, Daisycat, with your animals.

2. I really appreciate having a playroom available. In the past, it was a den / spare bedroom (with a hide-a-bed) and some toys for my nephews to play with.

But over the past five years, my husband claimed it for his work stuff. Other things remained in there, but it was so cluttered with storage stuff that it was no longer usable for anything else.

I managed to talk hubby into moving his work area out to his shop area attached to the garage. I wanted a playroom for our grandchildren.

I didn't anticipate having and befriending new neighbors with young children. They've probably been over once a week or so this past month.

Little V likes to come over to M's grandma's. Melts my heart 💓.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

D.

FYI: top of the General page... there is a Sticky that contains a lot of the abbreviations used on MSW.

It has grown since I last checked it....

Jer

Comment

Gratitudes for Wednesday

1. Had a kinesiology appointment today. She always does acupuncture too. I'm hopeful that, if I see her regularly, she'll help me to stay on top of minor problems before they become big.

2. Our Wednesday evening supper at church had a gluten free option. And I avoided potato chips and Ice cream bars. I'm glad I had good options and made good decisions.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                    X