Gratitude journal for 10/18/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 10/18/18

New weekly thread. Post daily, once a week, whenever you want. No rules.

Recognizing the positives in our lives helps us nurture our resilience and can improve our happiness factors and our health outcomes.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

1. Grateful to have a mostly sunny day and was able to get out to walk some.
    2. I actually had some energy to do a little fall clean up in the garden.
    3. lLooking forward to a weekend with no plans - can do what we want when we want.
    Kathy
    DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

1. I got two new tattoos today.
      2. My boyfriend is out of town till Sunday so no snoring and I can sleep without ear plugs ( so my conch piercing can finally rest at night and I can turn on the AC even though its 50 outside
      3. I am able to make the rescheduled dachshund races... ( I seriously cried for 30 minutes when I thought I wasn't going to get to go)
      4. After tomorrow I have a 4 day "mini" vacation.
      5. Kinda a gratitude--- kinda not. My dog does not have a UTI, but she is still peeing everywhere and we cannot find a reason why. So a good and a bad. Behavior is the worst thing to have to fox... but at least shes not sick

posted on wrong thread the first time

Comment

Gratitude for Thursday

Hmmm. I kinda wasted the day away.

I guess my gratitude will be that, earlier this week, I accomplished some things from my to do list, and today I had a relaxing day.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          Hmmm. I kinda wasted the day away.

I guess my gratitude will be that, earlier this week, I accomplished some things from my to do list, and today I had a relaxing day.
          Since my second set of dachshund races were supposed to be this coming weekend and they were cancelled I do not plan to leave my couch. I have plans to watch the handmaid's tale season 2 this weekend and since I have the apartment to myself I see it happening.

Nothing wrong with wasting the day away. It is needed sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post
            Nothing wrong with wasting the day away. It is needed sometimes.
            Lol; I guess not.

Except that I am scheduled to play piano in church on Sunday and I've hardly practiced at all. It's not even my church. I actually haven't played at my church for quite a while.

About three years ago, I subbed for a small
            church when their pianist was on Europe for a month. They asked me to do this Sunday again.

I guess I've got Friday and Saturday to practice. Three hymns. And prelude, offertory and postlude of my choice.

That will need to be tomorrow's gratitude -- that I practiced. :-)
            ~ Faith
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Lol; I guess not.

Except that I am scheduled to play piano in church on Sunday and I've hardly practiced at all. It's not even my church. I actually haven't played at my church for quite a while.

About three years ago, I subbed for a small
              church when their pianist was on Europe for a month. They asked me to do this Sunday again.

I guess I've got Friday and Saturday to practice. Three hymns. And prelude, offertory and postlude of my choice.

That will need to be tomorrow's gratitude -- that I practiced. :-)
              You got this... sometimes a day off being lazy helps more than being a day productive. (as long as its not 3 lazy days to 1 productive one)

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. :-)
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement. :-)
                  no problem. Just let us know how awesome you did.

Comment

Gratitudes for Friday

I practiced piano for Sunday, where I'll be a substitute pianist. I realized there were two additional hymns. But I practiced all 5 hymns and chose my prelude, offertory and postlude. I'm fairly rusty; haven't played for awhile.

But I decided not to worry much. It's a very very small church. About 15 people. 90% are over age 70.

Not ready yet. But I've still got tomorrow. I'll be ok.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

I made it through work on 3 hours of sleep. And I get to sleep in tomorrow in my nice and freezing apartment. Still have the place to myself for 2 days.

I have another mini vacation. A Dr has jury duty so I volunteered to take the 2 days that we are over staffed off since I still have PTO I need to get rid of and I know I am not getting any days off around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Comment

Deep gratitude for:

My husband letting me sleep in, then taking me out for breakfast.

He then took me grocery shopping. It's too much for me for doing it alone anymore.

Gorgeous colorful warm autumn day!
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Gratitudes for Saturday

1. Practiced piano. Not flawless, but, OK..

2. Worked at picking up clutter in house to prepare for a few guests this evening. Hubby offered to help when I ran out of energy before it was done. Even though it was my clutter, not his.

3. Went out for supper with hubby's parents and our son.

4. Had three friends over for a movie night. Rented "Would you be my Neighbor?"
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

1. I am getting my shoulder/arm tattoo done in a couple weeks. I made the appointment yesterday and put down my deposit.

2. My boyfriend gets home today. As much as I have enjoyed not hearing his snoring I sleep much better when he is here since I watch way to many horror movies/crime shows.

3.I am starting my fasting diet tomorrow - mostly thankful I finally am going to start this. I think I ate enough junk food this weekend to last me for the next 5 years so I am good with fasting/eating healthy. I just can't give up my coffee.

Comment

I have one more I forgot about...

I made myself a revised "study" sheet of things I want to review/learn more about with work. Haven't actually looked at it yet , but I spent 4 hours on it and I think it is extremely detailed.

So for me finding the motivation to actually even make this guide is a plus for me. I haven't even really thought about doing anything to further my career in 13 months.

Comment

Working...
                              X