Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone still use Betaseron?

Hi,

Does anyone still use Betaseron? I started it after failing Copaxone (anaphylactic reaction) several years ago. I see people talking about a lot of the other meds but not Betaseron, so I am curious.

I was on Betaseron for 11 years and aside from the red spots on the injection sites and the flu-like symptoms that I would get ONLY if I didn't premedicate with some aspirin, I had no problems whatsoever. When oral MS meds became available I switched over to Tecfidera and at the 2 year mark had a full-body extreme itch and hives. Went off Tecfidera and switched to Plegridy. And again, at the 2 year mark, had the exact same reaction! Went off Plegridy and have been completely off drugs for 2 years now and am going to go back on....and am thinking that Betaseron is the way to go for me. I don't like autojection and would prefer pills, but the plain truth is I felt better with Betaseron than I did on either of the two oral meds I tried.
    Wendy
    "There are signs everywhere...."
    "Life is wasted if it's not lived as an adventure."

Comment

Originally posted by mnkitten View Post
      Hi,

Does anyone still use Betaseron? I started it after failing Copaxone (anaphylactic reaction) several years ago. I see people talking about a lot of the other meds but not Betaseron, so I am curious.
      I was just the opposite. i started on Betaseron in 2003 and used it for 5 years with multiple, frequent and serious flares. After changing doctors, I switched to Copaxone, which was much more effective for me. I was on Copaxone for about 12 years years; went off last year after progressing to SMPS.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
      X