Curious Symptom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious Symptom

Hi. So I'm still educating myself about MS and am not diagnosed yet. I have a lot of symptoms, some indicate possible MS, some do not.

I'm wondering if anyone has had iron deficiency issues, like severe iron deficiency. Apparently I virtually have no iron in my blood according to last week's test results.

Any thoughts out there?

TIA

Hi LibraAngel74.

I don't know much about iron deficiency issues except what I can find on an internet search. I do have a friend that had been severely anemic from mensuration to the point it was determined she needed a hysterectomy.

In the case of MS; blood test results are used to rule in/out other conditions that might be causing symptoms. Blood test results will not indicate MS.

Take care
    Diagnosed 1984
    “Lightworkers aren’t here to avoid the darkness…they are here to transform the darkness through the illuminating power of love.” Muses from a mystic

Comment

Hi LibraAngel and welcome -

I was a little deficient in iron for quite a few years and was anemic as a child, but I don't think it really has anything to do with MS. It can also be common with women (pre menopause) with monthly blood loss.

For those who want to know the symptoms of iron deficiency, here's a link from the Mayo Clinic https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/syc-20355034

I'm sure (and hope) the Dr has placed you on a high dosage of Iron supplement and suggested foods that are rich in Iron.

Take care!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Working...
      X