Gratitude journal for 10/11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude journal for 10/11/18

This will now be a weekly thread. I'll post the new gratitude thread each Thursday. There are no rules, except that this thread is a place for gratitudes and not complaints. Post when you wish. You can post regularly, or occasionally. You can post daily, once a week, or whenever. You can post one gratitude at a time, or multiple gratitudes. Or you can just stop by and read other gratitudes.

I was surprised by, and have appreciated, all of the participation in the gratitude journal. In addition to being a positive thread that gives us the opportunity to share what we are grateful for, we receive that added bonus of getting to know each other better.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Today I'm feeling very grateful to the inventors of:

The rollator walker, which enables me to walk.

The lift recliner, which I use as my bed, and I am able to get into and out of by myself.

The swivel seat gliding shower chair, which enables me to get into the shower by myself.

Thankful for these things that help with independence!

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

My vacation started today and I got my final ear piercing I want in my left ear.

Once the pain goes away I am going to be so exited I finally finished one side.

Comment

I'm grateful for another bright clear fall day.

I planted 3 doz spring bulbs in a new area which I'm sure I'll be grateful for next spring.

I'm grateful that we're eating leftovers tonight and I don't have to cook dinner
        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Gratitudes for Thursday

1. Had an appointment with Marva today. Marva is not a therapist, but is certified as a "peer counselor". Peer counselors draw upon their own life experiences to provide encouragement and support and to promote resiliency.

Marva and I got to know each other when we volunteered with the same agency for a few years. In the past, I went to Marva occasionally when I had an issue where I was seeking support. Recently, I decided to just go once a month because it's a way to pamper myself and provide self care.

I had a good visit with Marva.

2. I invited my neighbor to come over with her two little girls for an hour or two this afternoon. We visited while the toddler played.

3. I had a good appointment with Dr G, my functional medicine doctor. I'll try to update that thread tomorrow.
          Last edited by Mamabug; 10-12-2018, 03:16 PM. Reason: Corrected the day to Thursday
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I just returned from a 48 hour trip to the mountains for utility dervice. And once again, it poured all day yesterday, then dropped 35 degrees overnight!
            1. Our driveway held up. Excavating investment looks like it paid off.
            2. Saw an 8 point buck actually swim in the creek. Not just across it, but in the middle, for about 100 yards, like a doggie paddle. This is the second time to witness one swimming. Amazing sight.
            3. The sun was out when we arrived and then again today. Beautiful shades of fall. Sat on the porch swing and counted my blessings.
            Kathy
            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Well, I surprised myself!

It has been 4 weeks of a 6 week vacation for my trainer (AU/NZ). And although concerned that I would slack off with my routines, I didn't!

At gym 3x a week @ 100 minutes ea., with varied routines so far.

I miss her compassion and her pro's approach but... I improved self responsibility & self discipline, and continuing to work on the NEVER ENDING endurance issues.

Just two more weeks to go, with enthusiasm!

Comment

Gratitudes for Friday

1. Attended a concert in Hutchinson at a really cool historic theater. The concert was by Post Modern Jukebox. Scott Bradlee formed Postmodern Jukebox as way to bring back the classic sounds he loved back into the mainstream. He takes songs that are more current and converts them to sounds like old Jazz, Motown, etc.

Awesome concert! I attended with my 27 year old son. Although many of our musical tastes are different (he loves heavy metal -- yuck!), he's got a good feel, usually, for what I will like or dislike, and I sometimes share my old people music and he shares music he enjoys that he thinks I will also appreciate. He discovered Postmodern Jukebox a few years ago on Youtube.

You can find them on YouTube, if you're interested. Or, I think they are also on social media (Facebook or Twitter) at hashtag PMJTour.

We had to park about a block and a half away, and I can't walk much further than that but I made it. If we hadn't been able to find a spot that close, he would have dropped me off at the door and then found a parking space. What an awesome son I have.

2. I exercised a few short times. I tried about 10 minutes of Tai Chi on YouTube. I'd only done that once before. Very easy to do, and more of a meditation kind of activity than exercise. I also did a two-block-walk with my husband (to the end of the block and back). And, walked the block and a half to the car and back to the concert.

3. My son usually cooks once a week. He made an awesome ground beef dish with some stir-fried vegetables. He made rice for himself and hubby, but since rice is currently on my restricted list of foods, he bought some broccoli cauliflower rice for me, not remembering that those vegetables are also on my current list of restricted foods. I appreciated his thought and his effort. It will keep in the cupboard and I may be able to eat it in the future.
                ~ Faith
                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                  Well, I surprised myself!

It has been 4 weeks of a 6 week vacation for my trainer (AU/NZ). And although concerned that I would slack off with my routines, I didn't!

At gym 3x a week @ 100 minutes ea., with varied routines so far.

I miss her compassion and her pro's approach but... I improved self responsibility & self discipline, and continuing to work on the NEVER ENDING endurance issues.

Just two more weeks to go, with enthusiasm!
                  Good for you, Jer! Sounds terrific!
                  ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Gratitudes for Saturday

1. Was awakened from my afternoon nap by a sweet 2 year old voice and laughter outside my window. Our little neighbor had just "learned to race". She was running back and forth down her driveway next to her Mom. The baby was watching contentedly from her stroller.

2. When she saw me standing next to our open gate, she wanted to come over to play in our backyard playground so I invited them over. They stayed for about half an hour. She enjoyed the swing, the slide, and peeking out the window of the treehouse.

3. Tomorrow will be our 34th wedding anniversary. We went out for supper to a local Japanese restaurant.
                    ~ Faith
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

1. Went to church this morning.

2. Part 2 of anniversary date. Went to a movie. First Man

3. Made a To Do list. I hope to cross some jobs off the list this week.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Gratitude for our Melrose apple tree that has a bumper crop this season.

DH got his first lesson on how to make an apple pie - we made two! yum~

Another beauty of a day with maple leaves falling with the breeze.
                        1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                        Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Gratitudes for Monday

1. My housekeeper came today. I have a clean house.

2. It was warm enough today for yesterday's snow to melt. Weather was nice enough to go out and get a political sign, which I put in my yard.

3. Skyped with daughter and grandsons this evening.
                          ~ Faith
                          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Today I am feeling especially grateful for my older sister and brother-in-law, who stopped by to visit, and brought over two homecooked meals.

Two days of delicious, super easy meal prep for me!

Comment

I love reading these. Thanks, everyone, for posting and sharing about your life!

:-)
                              ~ Faith
                              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                              X