Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/11/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/11/18

Hi Everyone. I hope you all had a good week. I had a rotten week. I gained again shamefully. I have made a solemn vow to myself to regain control and hope and pray I can follow through. I am truly ashamed that I have let things get so out of hand. The good news is that I ate sensibly Wednesday night. I hope to continue. I know all of you know ups and downs and that I am not alone in this battle. Best wishes in the fight to all of you.

I am at a loss for words. As noted above I did miserably this past week. I gained five pounds so now weigh a whopping 127 pounds. That is more than I have weighed in years and years. I have made a firm resolve to reverse the process. I will try to lose one pound this coming week.

Agate, good for you for staying the same especially since you are still in the teens. I know if you truly want to lose more you will. We are all rooting for you. Have faith.

Mamabug, sorry for your very small gain. I am sure you will get back on track right away and lose again. Don’t despair.

Hsmaldo, so glad to hear from you. Congratulations on the promotion. I know you deserved it. The question as to when to tell others about having MS is a big one. I did not tell anyone until my walking got so bad having some sort of problem was obvious. The hierarchy took it well when I explained why I was having symptoms and it never interfered with my job performance. Others went out of their way to assist me in any way they could. I’m sure you will find the same when the time comes.

Msgijo, you really lucked out by gaining so little. Good for you for remaining in your “sweet spot.” You are doing a ton better than I. I know you will prevail.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

Lighten The Foods You Already Love per WEB MD ACHIEVES

One of the easiest ways to cut back without feeling denied is to switch to lower-calorie versions of the foods you crave. A pizza tastes just as good with reduced-fat cheese, and when you garnish low-fat ice cream with your favorite toppers, who notices those missing calories?

And while you're trimming fat calories, keep an eye on boosting fiber, suggests registered dietitian Elaine Magee, RD, MPH, author of Tell Me What to Eat If I Suffer From Heart Disease and Food Synergy.

Fiber helps you feel satisfied longer, so while you lighten family favorites, you can easily amp up the fiber by adding a cup of whole wheat flour to your pizza dough, or toss a handful of red bell peppers on the pie.

Don't forget to lighten the drinks going with that meal. Try switching from high-calorie favorites to diet soda or light beer, or maybe add a spritz of seltzer to your wine.

Hate low-cal drinks? Mix your preferred drinks with a splash of the low-cal option, then increase the ratio as your taste buds adjust. And don't forget to keep pouring that ultimate beverage, says Magee: water!

Weight Loss Results:

[U]
    Total Loss:

.8 pound by two members. Losses may be small but they are important. It shows you are taking matters seriously.

Total Gain:

4 pounds by one member. This is again a resounding message about what not to do.
    May we all stay out of this column next week.

Stayed The Same:

1 member. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.
    Last edited by Mamabug; 10-11-2018, 09:08 AM. Reason: Corrected a date

Lost 0.8 lbs

Recent weights:
    07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

08/30/18: 129.4 lbs
    09/06/18: 129.0 lbs
    09/13/18: 128.4 lbs
    09/20/18: 127.8 lbs
    09/27/18: 127.8 lbs
    10/04/18: 128.2 lbs
    10/11/18: 127.4 lbs

I haven't been losing very well in recent weeks. Mid-July through mid-September, I was losing about a pound a week. This last month, I've been fluctuating a lot, and have only lost a pound in a whole month. I'd love to be able to start losing a pound a week again and get to my goal weight of 121-122 by Thanksgiving.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

lost 0.3 pounds

10/4 119.2
      10/11 118.9

I am below my goal weight of 119 - 121 pounds. I wasn't trying to lose any weight this week, but I guess that I worked off the weight - I had a very busy week! And we didn't have any junk that I wanted to eat here at home either, so I suppose that helped too. I will try to stay the same this week (or gain no more than half a pound).

Mamabug - Great Loss ! Looking at your comments started me thinking, and I see where the problem might be. You were losing weight before your break (at about a pound a week) and then fluxuated while on your break. Now at about 2 weeks after your break you have lost about a pound this week. Don't give up! I expect that it just took you a little while to get back on track and with a month to go before Thanksgiving you can do this !

ShrinkKaren - Thank you for reporting this week , but OMG. I don't even want to know what was so good (I might decide to join in your gain, lol) but I agree that you need to re-evaluate what causing these gains. Are you retaining fluid again? I know that I am thinking that I may need to increase my thyroid meds to stop the losing trend that I am on now. As if losing / maintaining weight isn't hard enough, it is so much worse when we are dealing with other issues also, and having to take into consideration the medicines that we take. UGH. Hope that you have a better week .

Agate - Awesome ! Even though you want to drop a little more weight, you have to take credit for the long streak of staying the same . Good luck in tipping the scales down a little more this week.

Hsmaldo - Congratulations . You deserve the promotion. Could it be that this is what will boost your will to lose your unwanted weight? I was glad to hear that salads for supper worked so well. And you were correct - my husband does eat salad as long as I can keep him interested with various toppings. I am the one who gets bored and wants FOOD (hanging my head in shame).

Hope that everybody has a wonderful week .

Comment

Working...
      X