Restless legs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restless legs

Last night I had leg twitching for 2 hours before I could fall asleep. I'm taking 300
    mg of Gabapentin and a supplement with magnesium. When I increased my Gabapentin, I was so weak in the night, my husband had to help me sit upright on my bedside commode! Any ideas would be appreciated. Does CBD oil help? Thanks.

Hello,

I'm so sorry about what is happening right now with restless legs and hope that it resolves quickly.

CBD oil definitely works for some people. I'm hope those using it will speak up about their experience.

I personally know 2 pwMS who tried it and it did nothing noticeable in spite of costing a pretty penny. Baclofen is often prescribed for restless legs. It is not expensive and seems to work very well.

I would suggest informing your neuro and asking for a baclofen script and seeing if that works for you if you seek immediate relief.

It is perfectly understandable that everyone has their own preferences and makes their own choices. Hopefully, others will share their experience and resolutions to restless legs. Best of luck! I hope this resolves soon for you!

Comment

I have both spasticity and restless leg. Baclofen helps both. If I forget to take my nightly dose, legs start jumping.

It may be worth looking into.

Hope tonight is better for you.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

ME TOO

I TO SUFFER WITH SPASMING AND RESTLESS LEGS . I DO 600 MG GABO. AND 20 MG BACLOFEN
        BUT I ALSO STARTED VAPING CBD OIL AND Y E S IT REALLY HELPS

Comment

Restless leg syndrome.

Originally posted by nkh18 View Post
          Last night I had leg twitching for 2 hours before I could fall asleep. I'm taking 300
          mg of Gabapentin and a supplement with magnesium. When I increased my Gabapentin, I was so weak in the night, my husband had to help me sit upright on my bedside commode! Any ideas would be appreciated. Does CBD oil help? Thanks.
          I had RLS and I stared using amino acids and within 1 month all problems gone and has never returned after 5 1/2 years using amino's only costs $4 a day , cheaper than a cup of Coffee.. Good health

Edited per guideline #2.
          PERSONAL INFORMATION: Do not post/exchange your personal information (i.e. e-mail address, phone number, or home address, etc.) in the main chat room or on the message boards. Your email address may be placed in your profile at your own risk. If you decide to share this information with another person in chat, this is not allowed in the main chat room; this is only allowed in auxiliary rooms such as the Annex, again, at your own risk. To access your Member Profile, please go to the Message Boards and then arrow of your username on the top black bar. You will see the word ‘settings’ on the drop down menu. Click on ‘settings’ and then on the left sidebar you will see ways to edit your profile, signature, etc.
          Last edited by Seasha; 10-19-2018, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Restless legs

Thanks for the tips. I hate to add another medicine, so will try the other ideas first.☺

Comment

RLS was one of the first symptoms I had before dx. It is also probably the the most crippling after fatigue. It was getting so bad I couldn’t drive. I would drive a few yards and have to get out and walk around all the way home. At stoplights I would pound my feet into the floor of the car. Nothing worked.

I started Requip and it worked for a couple of years before returning worse than ever. Nothing would help until my neuro put me on 900mg gabapentin. It was recently increased to 1200mg.

If it is causing you to lose muscle strength it could be that you are increasing it too fast. When my dr increased my baclofen from 20mg/day to 60. I suddenly couldn’t keep my legs from buckling under me. Being the determined type I kept trying to get up only to crash to the floor again. By the time I surrendered, I was cut up all over with blood all over the walls.

After a few days in the hospital I was able to stand again. But from then on stick to the 20mg with an occasional extra 10ng for “breakthrough spasticity”.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Gazza144 View Post
                I had RLS and I stared using amino acids and within 1 month all problems gone and has never returned after 5 1/2 years using amino's only costs $4 a day , cheaper than a cup of Coffee.. Good health

Edited per guideline #2.
                PERSONAL INFORMATION: Do not post/exchange your personal information (i.e. e-mail address, phone number, or home address, etc.) in the main chat room or on the message boards. Your email address may be placed in your profile at your own risk. If you decide to share this information with another person in chat, this is not allowed in the main chat room; this is only allowed in auxiliary rooms such as the Annex, again, at your own risk. To access your Member Profile, please go to the Message Boards and then arrow of your username on the top black bar. You will see the word ‘settings’ on the drop down menu. Click on ‘settings’ and then on the left sidebar you will see ways to edit your profile, signature, etc.
                What amino acid do you use?

Comment

RLS

I've had it (RLS)for years, was always chalked up to sleep apnea/insomnia. Ive had 2 sleep studies for that DX. So never getting a good nights sleep is something I'm used to. Now my legs have gotten so bad I literally kick my partner out of bed. I have tried Gaba / Requip. Neither worked for me. Now I am all about CBD. I eat 30mg of chocolate an hour before bed, and I'm down for a solid 5hrs. I Love it, there's no "high" I just crawl in bed super relaxed.
                  There's many ways to consume it I chose chocolate. I have my card and was told by Dr, remember, Indica CBD means in da bed you go.

Comment

Leg spasticity

I have struggled with this for years. It is mainly in my calves when I go to bed. I have tried bacofen and zanaflex but both make it difficult for me to wake up in the morning.

I recently began trialing CBD at night (tincture) and have noticed a positive difference.

I am concerned about long-term use but long-term lack of sleep is probably worse than anything.

Bill
                    Billy Reuben
                    Diagnosed in 2011 RRMS
                    Rebif, Copaxone, currently on Ocrevus
                    Physical Therapist
                    Blogger about recording advice for my two daughters.

Comment

Originally posted by billyreuben View Post
                      I have struggled with this for years. It is mainly in my calves when I go to bed. I have tried bacofen and zanaflex but both make it difficult for me to wake up in the morning.

I recently began trialing CBD at night (tincture) and have noticed a positive difference.

I am concerned about long-term use but long-term lack of sleep is probably worse than anything.

Bill
                      Baclofen helped but same as you, I was tired on it. I've been on the CBD tincture and off the pills for some 6 months now and for me its the way to go.
                      The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Restless legs

I've been using a CBD pain stick that my husband runs on my legs when I've had my twitchy legs. It works wonders! There are no side effects and I get a good night's sleep. I also take a supplement called Formula 303 before going to bed. I wanted to try more natural remedies instead of more medications.

Comment

I am on .125 mg of pramipexole for RLS which is a generic drug and is relatively cheap. I take once right before bedtime. It usually works pretty good, on occasion one will not be enough and I will have to get up and take several more. My Dr. subscribes two pills a day. I have been on this medication for over 20 years. It is actually my favorite medicine. The key is to take it every night and not wait for the RLS to start and then take it. Its pretty cheap even on Part D, I am already in the coverage gap and it is only $4.43.

Comment

Restless legs

I have spasticity and restless leg.
                            I’m taking 50 mg Baclofen daily
                            My Neurologist allowed me to increase dosage up to 80 mg daily but I can’t tolerate more than 50 mg
                            You may want to consult your neurologist .

Comment

Working...
                            X