New and Undiagnosed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and Undiagnosed

Hi there. I'm Chantelle. Almost 44 year old Mom of 3 grown children. I may or may not have a reason to be here, I don't know. I have had my license taken away and I drive for a living so the uncertainty is killing me.
    I'll be poking around and posting in relevant forums. I guess my biggest question right now is are the multitude of symptoms I've been feeling for about a year off and on, in various combinations actually something or is it nothing? I've been told it's possibly several different things and a long road to discovery. Stress, low iron, low B12, MS, among other central nervous system based diseases. My thyroid is fine. I'm not diabetic. I hate not having answers and I hate having no control.

Originally posted by LibraAngel74 View Post
    Hi there. I'm Chantelle. Almost 44 year old Mom of 3 grown children. I may or may not have a reason to be here, I don't know. I have had my license taken away and I drive for a living so the uncertainty is killing me.
    I'll be poking around and posting in relevant forums. I guess my biggest question right now is are the multitude of symptoms I've been feeling for about a year off and on, in various combinations actually something or is it nothing? I've been told it's possibly several different things and a long road to discovery. Stress, low iron, low B12, MS, among other central nervous system based diseases. My thyroid is fine. I'm not diabetic. I hate not having answers and I hate having no control.
    Hi Chantelle

Welcome to the message boards.

Sounds like you are going through many tests, and the ruling out of various conditions.

This process can be quite frustrating, and anxiety provoking as well.

Just know that it won't last forever, even though it may feel like it. (I know, not much of a consolation, is it?)

Hang in there, and do the best you can, day by day.

Take good care of yourself during this ordeal.

If you have any questions, just ask and we'll be glad to help, if we can.

Wishing you the best.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Welcome!

Although see of our members were dx quickly, many of had unexplained and unusual symptoms for awhile, prior to diagnosis.

It sounds like your doctor is looking at possible causes. I hope you find answers soon.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Welcome.

I am sure it is frustrating to not have answers. Have your anemia and low b-12 been addressed? Do they have a plan for that?
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome

Thank you for taking the time to welcome me and for the encouragement.

Just to clarify, my B12 is fine but I am slightly anemic after finding out 6 months ago that I was severely anemic and was put on 150mg daily. I'm horrible for taking pills, both forgetting to and because I've had issues swallowing for 20 years (which may have been misdiagnosed as achalasia which resulted in possible unnecessary surgery at 23).
          There are so many possible diagnoses to go along with what feels like an endless stream of symptoms.
          Anyways I think I'll post over in LimboLanders and continue my wait and learn what I can from others.

Thanks again.
          Chantelle

Comment

Hi Chantelle,

I am in the same situation. I have had different neurological symptoms for the past year such as decrease in vision, a new balance disorder, and EXTREME nerve pain under my ribs that wrap around the sides of my body. Heat and exercise make the pain worse. More recently, I had an attack of neurolgical issues leaving me with numb feet and legs. I have numbness in my face and was hospitalized for about 2 weeks and got no real answers. I am seeing outpatient servies now to get treamtnet and a proper dx. There are no visible lesions, but concerns for MS. My holistic wellness consultant said she had her symtoms of MS for 4 years before lesions appeared on her scan. It is a struggle , but stay strong and advocate for yourself. I travel 6 hours for appoitments at a big hospital.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement and it's nice to meet you.

I am just rolling with it for now. Waiting is all I can do.

I posted in Limbo Landers and Symptoms and Treatments if you want to check them out.

Hoping for the best but in the event of the worst I'm hoping to make some friendships here for support.

Take care.

Comment

Working...
              X