No announcement yet.

Gratitude Journal - 10/5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grateful to Mamabug for starting this thread, having MS (both diagnosed and those waiting for a diagnosis) is such a heavy topic, it's really nice to see how the smallest and most trivial thing/event can brighten our dark days.

I am grateful that all of my kids (3 are mine and 3 are my husband's) and their spouses were able to come to Thanksgiving dinner (Canadian Thanksgiving) and I was able to make almost everything. I paid the price the next day but it was so worth it.

I am grateful to my Chapter of the MS Society has teamed up with Loblaws/Super Centre to provide us with 6 weeks (each Wednesday, from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.) with a cooking class that's geared to MS patients. It takes place in the store in a Food Network style kitchen. There are people in wheelchairs, with walkers/canes and ambulatory and everyone can participate. I have attended 4 of the 6 which I'm thankful for, usually after "putting on my costume" (bath, hair, makeup, decent clothing) I'm wiped. Only 2 left, I'll really miss it.

This one is kinda lame... I'm grateful that my favourite TV shows are now in a new season!

Jen
    RRMS 2005, Copaxone since 2007
    "I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am."

Comment

Originally posted by Cat Mom View Post
      Grateful to Mamabug for starting this thread, having MS (both diagnosed and those waiting for a diagnosis) is such a heavy topic, it's really nice to see how the smallest and most trivial thing/event can brighten our dark days.

This one is kinda lame... I'm grateful that my favourite TV shows are now in a new season!

Jen
      Thanks, Jen. I've been enjoying this thread too.

And, I had to laugh at your "lame" gratitude. Because I'm grateful for that too. :-)

I'm glad for your family time at Thanksgiving. And, what a great opportunity your local MS Society is offering! :-)
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Moving this thread to Wellness Room

I'm moving this thread, because I believe gratitude and a positive attitude help to keep us healthier.

I also added the date of the original post to the thread name. I plan to make it a weekly thread. I'll keep the newest one in Stickies so it will be easier to find.

There are no rules, except that this thread is a place for gratitudes and not complaints. Post when you wish. It can be regularly, or occasionally. It can be one gratitude, or multiple gratitudes. It can be daily, weekly, or whenever.

I'll post the new gratitude thread on Thursdays each week. That is when we post our other weekly Wellness threads -- Weightloss thread, and Exercise thread. Please feel free to participate in either of those, or both of those, as well.
        ~ Faith
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
          I'm moving this thread, because I believe gratitude and a positive attitude help to keep us healthier.
          This week's gratitude journal is here:

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...l-for-10-11-18
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

my gratitude 11/14/18

1. 16-1/2 yr old cat still hanging in there, energetic at times, still the ornery boy I love (and keeps the other cats in line)
            2. Much cooler weather; the leaves from the mulberry trees fell all at once (love the sound they make on the roof at night; sounds like rain)
            3. Able to pay my bills;
            4. My son called from Arizona just to "check in with me and how I'm doing"--love that he does that in his very busy time;
            5. Cried a few tears but instead of choking them back let them fall--no real reason for the tears, just came and went (ok, probably something to do with perimenopause, but whatever);
            6. Glad I remembered to check in here and review things people write...so glad for everyone on here.
            7. Doing my best to "stay in the now/mindfulness" and focus rather than worrying and getting anxiety over what could happen tomorrow.

Bless you all, thank you for sharing.
            Rule of Feline Frustration: When your cat has fallen asleep on your lap and looks utterly content and adorable, you will suddenly have to go to the bathroom.

Comment

Thanks so much for sharing, Panther. Please join in again. Occasionally, once or twice a week, daily, whatever works for you. Reading other people's gratitudes is a mood booster for me.

I try to start a new thread once a week, usually on Thursday, and I put it in Stickies. It's not a big deal, though, if you post it in a differentweek; I'll probably notice it. :-)
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
              X