No announcement yet.

Gratitude Journal - 10/5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lovely idea i too love positive threads.
    they can lift my whole day.
    Cleaned up yard. is spring here and my hippie lilies are flowering.
    after I watched a couple of funny movies with my son. was lovely.

If you enjoy a shoot em up funny i recommend 'Witless protection" on gostream.
    Found it by accident , sons taste in movies not the same as mine usually but was good for us both.

it rained! was great as we are in drought. though got a bit windy so will have to clean up yard again.

Comment

Yesterday:

Attended the annual Fall Fest at my alma mater -- the Christian college in our community. Weather held out long enough to enjoy some of the outdoor events. Found some curry at a food booth fur lunch. Some music events were moved indoors.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Gonna try this gratitude thing…

1. My new piercings finally don’t hurt so that means I can sleep however I want and I can get more.
        2.3 more shifts until my 12 day vacation
        3. Wiener fest is next weekend (Dachshund races… it’s my favorite day of the year)

4. My cat is still doing great after her surgery yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by Daisycat View Post

1. My new piercings finally don’t hurt so that means I can sleep however I want and I can get more.
          3. Wiener fest is next weekend (Dachshund races… it’s my favorite day of the year)

Dang 4? Overacheiver I see. I had to laugh because Weiner fest brought my tunnel vision to hotdogs, the kind you can eat, which I happen to love. Take pictures of all the cute pooches. Looking at photos of places I have been bring me great joy.
          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
          Anonymous

Comment

So glad you posted 4 positives, Daisy! Keep them coming!

Mine are:

Daughter cooked a huge breakfast for us and cleaned up afterwards. Biscuits and gravy, bacon and scrambled eggs -not something I ordinarily eat, but relished it anyway cuz I didn't have to cook.

More granddaughter hugs and kisses..

My husband came home after being away for 2 weeks. I don't think I'm even going to mind his snoring! (only a little bit)
            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

4 gratitudes Daisycat. Awesome.

I have another one for yesterday. I usually meet with my small group two Friday evenings per month. We share about our lives and pray with and for each other.

This week we decided to meet Saturday morning instead, for brunch.

Gratitude for today:
              1. I've been falling asleep more quickly at night recently. I think about my "happy place" and it often just relaxes me and I fall asleep easily.

2. Went to a drama, "Little Women", at the college I graduated from with a friend.

3. We've been getting to know our new neighbors recently. They bought the house next door a couple of months ago. They are a young family, a few years younger than my daughter with a baby and a toddler. She friended me on Facebook today. I enjoyed watching cute videos of their kids.
              ~ Faith
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Jules -

Yeah i figured I would explain exactly what weiner fest is since not everyone is going to think about Dachshund racing. And I am hoping I can get lots of new pictures this year. Last year I forgot my phone.

Seasha and Mama -

I am hoping I can think of at least a few every day.

And Mama - Yay for sleeping easier. That is something to be very grateful for.

Seasha -

Your post made me think of another smallish gratitude. No snoring for the next two nights since my bf is still going to be in Houston. I will be happy to have him home , but right now I do not miss the snoring.

Comment

It’s really good to see you come up with not just one bit of gratitude, but 4. Your list beats mine for this week!
                  Do you have any plans for your 12 day vacation? Are you traveling, going to any more events besides the Dachsund races or are you just looking forward to some R&R?
                  “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
                    It’s really good to see you come up with not just one bit of gratitude, but 4. Your list beats mine for this week!
                    Do you have any plans for your 12 day vacation? Are you traveling, going to any more events besides the Dachsund races or are you just looking forward to some R&R?
                    Two of the weekends I am going to dachshund races , one day I am going to the zoo with my boyfriend , and second weekend ( the second dachshund race weekend) having a friend come stay with me for a few days. I also plan to do nothing for a few days. This is the first actual vacation I have ever taken so I am really excited. I am also going to sleep in a lot.

Although sadly sleeping in to me has become 8 am at the latest.

Comment

OK I actually just got another one...

My boyfriend will be happy with the results from the football game he went to this weekend. (don't wanna say anything in case there are fans who haven't seen it yet)...

This isn't so much for me but for him. He said this has been his dream since he was a boy so I am so happy for him.

Comment

Two of the weekends I am going to dachshund races , one day I am going to the zoo with my boyfriend , and second weekend ( the second dachshund race weekend) having a friend come stay with me for a few days. I also plan to do nothing for a few days. This is the first actual vacation I have ever taken so I am really excited. I am also going to sleep in a lot.

Although sadly sleeping in to me has become 8 am at the latest.
                        Make sure you come back next week to post that you’re grateful for sleeping in until 8:00 a.m. It may not sound like much but to some of us early risers it sounds like a dream!
                        Please do try to enjoy your vacation. Do not feel bad or guilty for having a good time. Your enjoyment doesn’t take anything away from the universe, but it adds to it immensely.
                        “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Originally posted by IntoDust View Post
                          Make sure you come back next week to post that you’re grateful for sleeping in until 8:00 a.m. It may not sound like much but to some of us early risers it sounds like a dream!
                          Please do try to enjoy your vacation. Do not feel bad or guilty for having a good time. Your enjoyment doesn’t take anything away from the universe, but it adds to it immensely.

Oh I know the pain of getting up early. I have to get up at 5:45 for work every day and I have never been a morning person so it was a rough adjustment period.

But it is going to be a dream to sleep as late as I can those days.

Comment

Little background. We bought a cabin 3 hours away in a beautiful, mountainous, rural area. The cabin looks out on a creek, with a waterfall upstream. It was torrential rain the day we settled. And in the 2 months since, they have had historical rain that has flooded out some areas, washed away bridges and roads. We lost half our driveway, as the stones/rocks were washed away by mud slides and water. We thought we might have made a huge mistake.

So gratitudes:
                            1. The excavator came out, put some drains in and repaired the driveway. 3 inches of rain Thursday, and all was well! Driveway still had the tire treads on it, no water runoff.
                            2. Rather than working hard and deflecting water, we actually were able to enjoy sitting on a huge rock on the creek bed and be reminded of how beautiful Mother Nature can be when she is peaceful.
                            3. Today is our Anniversary. I am so grateful for my husband. He makes me laugh everyday. I met him after diagnosis and he wasn't scared away. He is my rock.
                            Kathy
                            DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Originally posted by pennstater View Post
                              Little background. We bought a cabin 3 hours away in a beautiful, mountainous, rural area. The cabin looks out on a creek, with a waterfall upstream. It was torrential rain the day we settled. And in the 2 months since, they have had historical rain that has flooded out some areas, washed away bridges and roads. We lost half our driveway, as the stones/rocks were washed away by mud slides and water. We thought we might have made a huge mistake.

So gratitudes:
                              1. The excavator came out, put some drains in and repaired the driveway. 3 inches of rain Thursday, and all was well! Driveway still had the tire treads on it, no water runoff.
                              2. Rather than working hard and deflecting water, we actually were able to enjoy sitting on a huge rock on the creek bed and be reminded of how beautiful Mother Nature can be when she is peaceful.
                              3. Today is our Anniversary. I am so grateful for my husband. He makes me laugh everyday. I met him after diagnosis and he wasn't scared away. He is my rock.

Happy Anniversary!!! Ours would have been yesterday...46th. I am grateful for all those years with Sam and our children.
                              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Happy Anniversary, Kathy! How many years?

Glad your cabin challenges seem to be fixable.
                                ~ Faith
                                (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Working...
                                X