Gratitude Journal - 10/5/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gratitude Journal - 10/5/18

I stated a gratitude journal last week. I be occasionally had one in the past, but not for awhile.

It's a good way to focus on the positive instead of the negative.

Here were my gratitudes for today:

- Skyped with daughter and 2 little grandsons. I especially enjoyed the books we read together. I read a Spot book that M enjoyed while they were here visiting recently. And daughter read a new book they bought recently. I Love My White Shoes. M sang the words along with my daughter, as best as he could. So cute!

- Our next door neighbors came over for awhile with their infant and toddler. Enjoyed visiting and watching toddler play.

I'd love to hear your gratitudes for today. I enjoy positive threads.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

I keep meaning to start a gratitude journal! Today was good, some back pain but it was my day off and I was busy with fun stuff:

1. Matinee-Crazy Rich Asians, cute movie & best part, I didn't have to use the restroom in the middle!
    2. Dinner out with my mother, delicious, ate too much
    3. Concert-Papa Roach, don't judge my taste in music, lol, it was a great show
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      I'd love to hear your gratitudes for today. I enjoy positive threads.
      This is silly, but I’m grateful that I actually remembered to go to the local apothecary to buy my sister a bar of soap as part of her Christmas present. (It’s a special edition bar that looks like a Ouija board and it was perfect!) I would have been bummed if I forgot to go and they had sold out.
      I’m also grateful that I wasn’t too tired to watch my son at a special sparring class for karate. He goes to practice with his grandpa, so I never see him in action. He is way better at karate than I expected. I love the feeling of being genuinely impressed by my kids!
      “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

I started a new one this week, as my old one was all filled up! The new one is a beautiful fuschia shade.

Today's entries in the am (mostly based on yesterday)
        - I heard from an old friend, one that no matter how much time passes, it is always like it was just yesterday.
        - I actually went for a bike ride, managed to get home before the rain.
        - I had the best night sleep I have had in months
        - A cardinal greeted me outside the kitchen window. He kept me company while I drank my tea this morning. It conforted me, as I have been missing my Mom and Dad alot lately.

Hope to see more.
        Kathy
        DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I love these; keep em coming!
          ~ Faith
          (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
          - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.

- Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I love these; keep em coming!
            Me too, great idea Faith!
            He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
            Anonymous

Comment

I'm really thankful for my kids. They were smothering me for awhile, but now they are helping me by just calling and thinking of asking me to go with them places.

My son has got me interested in watching the girl's volleyball games at school. I actually do feel better when I get out a little.

I have wonderful neighbors and am eternally grateful for them!!

And... I am grateful for every "good" day I have. No matter how few or how long they last.
              Marti

The only cure for insomnia is to get more sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by marti View Post
                And... I am grateful for every "good" day I have. No matter how few or how long they last.
                Me too! And this is probably one of the few positives MS has brought into my life.
                Anonymous

Comment

Autumn

I am grateful for the cooler weather; fall has arrived in the northland!

Now I can play outside and put my (very limited) gardens to bed for the year.

I am grateful that I am able to pay for the new roof that's being put on this month.

I'm grateful for the energy to clear the yard in advance of the roof work.

I'm thrilled to be able to do the roof in the fall when it's cool enough to do prep and cleanup myself.

Did I mention cooler weather?!

Finally, oddly, I am grateful to pop out of bed at 6:30 on a Saturday. I let my house go down to 55 degrees at night, the heat kicks in at 6 on weekends. Since I can't sleep when I'm hot, I woke up and got out of bed! Score one for MS being useful, maybe?

Today, I will do my chores in the morning when I have energy.

Comment

Originally posted by trevvian View Post
                    I am grateful for the cooler weather; fall has arrived in the northland!

…..Did I mention cooler weather?!
                    I'm right there with ya trevvian! So thankful for the cooler, less humid weather, that enables me to move around so much better!

Was able to do my 30 min walk with my rollator.

I feel well today!

Take Care
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Maybe I'll make this a weekly thread. So it doesn't get too too long, but we can keep it going.
                      ~ Faith
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02

Comment

Maybe I'll make this a weekly thread. So it doesn't get too too long, but we can keep it going.
                        Where's that "like" button?
                        Anonymous

Comment

Great idea💡
                          Kathy
                          DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I am grateful that my daughter's family is here for the weekend while my dh is out of state.
                            My granddaughter - almost 2 1/2 hugged me and said, "good morning, Ama" when I woke up. We went to a harvest festival and she share her ice cream cone with me. (a rarity) And daughter has plans to cook all meals!

Grateful that it's a gorgeous fall crisp day with trees so colored that it make my heart smile.

Grateful my dh has called me each night for 2 weeks now since he's been away.

Grateful that I have MSWorld's friends to share these positive threads with. Thank you, Mamabug!
                            1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                            Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I third this! It makes us pause and reflect on things we may normally take for granted.
                              And Fridays are a good day to post the weekly gratitudes because it’s the end of the week for many of us. Sunday’s could be good too?
                              “I’m pretty and tough, like a diamond. Or beef jerky in a ball gown.” - Titus Andromedon

Comment

Working...
                              X