Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/4/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 10/4/18

So sorry I forget to post yesterday even though it was ready.

Hi Everyone. Time marches on, the good with the bad. Let us see if we can make the current time a good one. I am feeling rather desperate this week. As you will see below I gained 4 pounds! I am frantic. There is no excuse for this especially since I had been doing so well. It is a good example to all of us how quickly things can change. The Holidays are just around the corner when we are especially challenged. I trust no one else has had such an upturn.

I hang my head in shame. I gained 4 whole pounds so weigh 122. I thought I had gained but not that much. I am vowing to put on the brakes and to reverse the process. I will try my best to lose an entire pound this week.

Agate, good for you for staying the same. I envy you after my surge. It sounds like you are about to lose a pound and I wish you well. I hope the scale goes down for good.

Mamabug, good for you for staying the same after your steady loss. Staying the same is certainly better than gaining. Look at it as the time before the next loss. You can do it.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you again this past week. I hope all is well.

Msgijo, good for you for the loss. Whatever you are doing is working. Even though you were within your ideal range an extra pound or two off is a good cushion. Keep doing what you are doing.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to Wendy C. Fries:

Forget diet denial: Try adding foods to your diet instead of subtracting them.

Add in healthy goodies you really love, like deep-red cherries, juicy grapes, or crunchy snow peas. Slip those favorite fruits into your bag lunch and breakfast cereal; add the veggies into soups, stews, and sauces.

"Adding in really works, taking away never does," says registered dietitian David Grotto, RD, LDN, author of 101 Optimal Life Foods, but do remember to keep an eye on overall calories. And don't forget to add in something physical, too, whether it's doing a few dance moves before dinner, shooting hoops, or taking a quick stroll.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

.6 pound by one member. It is good someone came through to save the day. May there be more members in this column next week.

Total Gain:

4 pounds by one member. This is a resounding message about what not to do.
    [B]
    Stayed The Same:[/B]

2 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Lost 0.2 pounds

9/27 119.4
    10/4 119.2

I was pleasantly surprised - we had a luncheon at the church this week - soup and sandwiches - and in addition to 2 bowls of soup and 2 sandwiches I had cornbread and desert. The culprit? Somebody had brought a large bowl of fruit, of which I had some, but I took a "dirt cake" . It was richer than the ones I have made in the past and was oh so good. But alas I had to bring some home .
    If I were trying to lose any weight instead of trying to stay the same I would have FAILED. But I am still in my sweet spot .

I like the tip of the week - I am always trying to find ways to 'jazz up' meals and this not only adds flavor but also can add in fiber and minerals that we may be short on. Diabetic cooking at it's best .

ShrinkKaren - sorry to hear of your gain this week . But we know that you can reverse this - you just lost so much that I am sure you will lose this quickly .

Agate - Awesome staying the same ! I know that I get too distracted by food to be as consistent as you are and I am easily bored. I will see or think about a dish and decide that I want it and proceed to eat it without considering the calories involved (think dirt cake). Then I 'diet' to lose the added pounds and so I yo-yo. I applaud your determination .

Hope that everybody has a losing week, or at least a stay the same one.

Comment

Gained 0.4 lbs

Recent weights:
      10/04/18: 128.2 lbs
      09/27/18: 127.8 lbs

07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

Weight was really fluctuating this week. Thursday was the highest. The lowest was 126.8. I don't really have an explanation. I did eat away from home more than usual and had more days with meat than usual. Maybe that's it.
      ~ Faith
      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

I'm here, really I am! Though I don't know that I'll be back tomorrow to post, but miracles can happen!

I am down .6 lbs from 220.3 on 9/13 to 219.7. The salads for dinner idea is really helping my hubby though--he's down roughly 10 lbs in the same time period! It would be helpful to me if I weren't snacking on junk food during the day! I've found that my desire for dessert though is greatly diminished at nighttime, so I think we're on to something here!

There is so much going on recently. I was informed about 2 weeks ago that my promotion went through, so I am now a supervisor! I'm taking a supervisory course and I've had 2 of the 7 classes now. It's very informative and I'm glad it happened to coincide with my starting date. (another guy who was promoted took this course over 2 years ago! )

With this promotion comes a pay raise in addition to a cost of living increase which we haven't had since 2008. We are very excited about this because it looks like my hubby can finish this season of coaching and then not have to do it again! He would be able to be home before me every day and he'd be around more for the girls. I am very excited about this as I have been worrying about his lack of sleep and overall health with all that he is doing!

I get my first trainee on Monday, so I am equal parts excited and nervous. I am still wondering if/when I should tell people at work that I have MS. I didn't want it to impact my promotion in any way (even though it's not supposed to--we all know that it can.)

So I'm here and still trucking along! As always, I'll TRY to be more consistent in checking in. More often than not, I DO come in and read the thread, even if I don't have time to log in and update! It's nice to see how everyone is doing!

Comment

Working...
        X