More detailed hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More detailed hello

So maybe you guys can know me besides the one who will go to Switzerland one day.

I am 36. I’m a licensed veterinary technologist. I’ve worked at my job as a surgical nurse at a general practice clinic for about 3 and a half years. I was at a emergency /clinic for about 11 months. I decided on call wasn’t for me.

I have an associates in social sciences and natural sciences and an associates in applied science in veterinary technology and a bachelors in sciences in veterinary technology. I was that nerd. I was going for a bachelors in wildlife fisheries as well because I wanted vet school.

I have a rescue dachshund and an orange tabby who are my life. I have a few others but they aren’t my ❤️.

I’ve been with my boyfriend 18 years we just both don’t believe in marriage or kids.

I was going to get my specialty in my job and work on my masters in veterinary sciences because of some changes coming up with the profession.

My loans from everything would be paid off by the time I was 40. I was going to save up everything I had and retire on a dachshund/chihuahua/kitty rescue.

I used to love blacklist, supernatural, the flash, and so many other shows.

And now I have no idea who I am

Hi Daisycat,
    I feel like I already know you somewhat but I did learn some things. I'm also a critter person and am skeptical about those who don't love animals.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Comment

My profile pic is my ESA Salem. He's a good guy, and we're looking at getting him chipped soon.

It's good that you found MSWorld. Hopefully you've found something around here that's helped you regain your footing a little. Welcome.

I'm not in the forum much, but just as a reminder that there's also a chat. We have good people there as well.

Hope you have a good day, and the day that follows it, and so on.

Comment

Your kitty is so adorable... and I agree if someone does not like animals I question their character.

Comment

My BFF´s spouse is a wildlife fisheries guy who helps restore salmon runs and conserves wild areas. They frequently foster puppies for their local rescue and boy oh boy, the puppies are adorable but it´s a lotta work. Good thing I live far away or I would have come home with another pooch after my visit coincided with the litter of 10! My fur angel has a mix of daschund and chihuahua and WKW.

Long ago I went the vet school route but bailed when we got to the Loops of Henley- it was overwhelming and our dog cadaver was so cut up that one day I could not tell which was the top and which was the bottom. A long and winding road brought me to Spanish and I have no biggie regrets.

You have lost your identity of who you thought you were and that merits a grieving. You will morph into someone new. That would have happened anyway with aging and other life events, it´s just now really in your face that it´s happening. What is your creative outlet of choice?

Comment

chiweenies are so cute. I want one one day.

I honestly can't think if my other creative outlets. I love working out , traveling , and my job.
            I also live Netflix binges... but thats not really a creative outlet.

Comment

Thanks for the introduction. I feel like we already know each other, but I learned some things.

You are 36 and you've been with your boyfriend for 18 years. 💓. Wow; you were just babies when you got together. :-)

Tell us what you like to watch on Netflix.

https://www.msworld.org/forum/showth...ing-on-Netflix
              ~ Faith
              MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
              (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
              - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
              - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
              - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Mama-

Wow... yeah I just realized I have been with him for half of my life. I knew it had been a long time , but I guess I never really did the math.

Comment

Daisycat do you train dogs? I mean other than training your dogs the basic commands? I have one dog that I so wanted as companion / support dog for myself (with balance, fetching my phone and maybe picking up things that I had dropped), but couldn't find anyone to train my dog for me. Everyone that I contacted only wanted to use their dogs .

I am not even sure that he would have been a good candidate - he is a border collie / lab mix and I know that labs tend to have hip problems. What breeds, in your opinion, would be best?

Comment

Msgijo

I don’t have a lot of experience training dogs. We had one class in school where we touched on training dogs and what works and all that, but this was 6ish years ago so my memory is a little fuzzy on that.

I know we have some clients that have some dogs that are used for this purpose (only know because they can’t have their dog away for long periods of time so they get priority) One of them is a Goldendoodle and the other is a lab.

Like I said I don’t have a lot of experience with this but depending on how old your dog is would be a big part of it. It is true that labs can have hip issues when they get older , but for the most part they younger ones seem to be OK. I am sorry I am not more help.

Comment

Welcome again Daisycat. Glad to get some personal info.

I also love travel. Any dream vacations? My dream - Would love to go to Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji, with layovers in Hawaii for a week or two both going and coming to break up the flight! So you can see why it is a dream!

We lost our 14 year old Keeshond earlier this year. Just getting to point where I feel like I could get a new one. We have a trip planned in May, my husband wants to wait until after that. The biggest thing is getting sitter coverage if we do travel. When we do, I might try training as a therapy dog. When we would take our Keeshond to visit some relatives and neighbors in assisted living, he brought so much joy.
                      Kathy
                      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

My dream vacation would be Germany just do I could go to the dachshund museum. I am sure there are other things I could do there, but I would love to see that one day.

I hope you get your dream vacation one day. Hawaii is beautiful. I went there when I was 12.
                        I am sorry about your dog. It is always hard when you lose a pet. It still hasn’t got any easier for me when I have to help with those situations. I have always been told though the day it doesn’t bother you – (at least a little) is the day you should find a new job.

But I hope you can find a new baby who can be a part of your family.

Comment

Working...
                        X