Otc stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Otc stuff

Any one have some unique supplements/otc stuff they use to help deal with this?

I have some but never know if there’s better things to use.

I just noticed this today. Sorry no one has responded.

I don't know if these are unique, but here are some that I use:
    - Vitamin D3
    - Omega 3 fish oil
    - probiotics

I take others too, depending on what my kinesiologist and doctors recommend.

If you scroll through this forum, you'll find other posts about supplements.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
      I just noticed this today. Sorry no one has responded.

I don't know if these are unique, but here are some that I use:
      - Vitamin D3
      - Omega 3 fish oil
      - probiotics

I take others too, depending on what my kinesiologist and doctors recommend.

If you scroll through this forum, you'll find other posts about supplements.
      What brand of probiotic do you recommend? There are so many out there and I know some probably don't really do much. Looking up reviews online is usually just a bunch of mixed reviews and I don't really trust some of them. I know I got a lot of emails from some of the stuff I ordered telling me I would get a free bottle for posting a good review. So that makes me skeptical of the positive ones.

Comment

My functional medicine doctor recommended one of the following options:
        - R A W Women 50 & Wiser
        - Dr. Formulated Oltra
        - or Ultimate Flora
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Pub Med had a research article about probiotics- the interaction of the strains matters. I found a CVS brand called 50+ (for 50 and older) that included the mix of strains in the research study.

I also take:

N-AG
          N-AC
          ALA
          vitamin D3
          PQQ with ubiquinol- brain function
          niacinamide- fights hair loss
          milk thistle- protects liver from DMT
          primrose oil
          magnesium
          B complex
          flax oil on oatmeal for breakfast with either nutmeg or cinnamon to disguise the taste of the oil

I based most of the decisions to take them on research from OHSU- Oregon Health and Science University.

Comment

Working...
          X