Tysabri and side effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tysabri and side effects

Hello! I started Tysabri in May 2018 and i was wondering if people have had similar experiences as far as possible side effects. In May and June i was pretty tired for a while after treatment and had a headache that came and went. In July i started to feel great with more energy. August i had infusion and did not feel well for a few weeks. Just really fatigued and blah. I had my last infusion two weeks ago. I feel mostly ok with only having a lingering headache for a week.
    My question/seeking opinion is that i have had some "things" happen that i didn't know if was common. I've had a lot more moles pop up on my body in different areas and i have had some heart fluttering the past couple infusions but it comes and goes. I did ask about it with my doctor and he thought it was side effects of medication and i wouldn't really "level out" until i've had the treatment for a year. Anyone else have similar experiences?
    Dx March 2018; possible first episode: August 2011
    Tysabri May 2018-June 2019, Mayzent July 2019

side effects

Hey there jennaly16, since we are on almost the same timeline I added you as a contact, but I don't know if you "see" that on your end or not. I'm figuring out a reliable email address to put into my profile. Please feel free to reach out.

I started Tysabri on August 3 - so I've only had three infusions.

Headaches: I have less headaches than I was having back around the relapse, but I have woken up with a few. They are not unusual ones since I have always had them semi-regularly. I attribute many headaches to allergies and dehydration. I am making an effort to stay more hydrated on this drug.

Gastric: I had an incident of intense 2 hour food poisoning when nobody else who was at the event that *could have* caused it got it. I may be able to narrow it down to something eaten before the event. My main question for the doctor is, am I more prone to it now and if something like that happens is there anything extra I should do. I have also had light nausea here and there which is new.

Immune stuff: Although I don't feel like my immune system is on overdrive as much as before (less congestion, less neuritis pain in my eye), on and off I feel "run down" with a mild sore throat and like I'm coming down with something, which is new. I'm just making sure to take the multi-vitamin with C regularly.

Dental scare stuff: I'm concerned about Tysabri and dental health mainly based on postings here. I did notice excessive dryness in my mouth at night after starting, so I started to regularly use a dry mouth mouthwash before bed which seems to help. But mostly, I drink water before bed and keep my canteen by the bed. It's a pain to get up and pee several times, but I'll take it.

Stay hydrated more than before is my motto right now, and whatever regimen with nutrition and vitamins should be followed with commitment.

Good luck and thanks for starting this thread.
    All the best, ~G

Comment

Working...
    X