Exercise Check-In for 10/04/18

6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    1 made partial goals
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals.
    Other:
    1 was taking a break from setting measurable goals.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Met a partial goal

Goalsl:
    1. Average of 2,000 steps per day.
    2. Exercise at least 4 times out of 7 days. Silver Sneakers, Wellness Center, PT, chair exercises or something else.

Thurs - 1499 steps
    Fri - 1860 steps, chair yoga with Youtube
    Sat - 1635 steps
    Sun - 1516 steps
    Mon - 2556 steps, recumbent bike at Wellness Center
    Tues - 2690 steps, Silver Sneakers
    Wed - 1896 steps, Tai Chi on Youtube

Total steps = 13,652 = 1950 average per day
    Total exercise days = 4

I came close to meeting goal and feel OK about how I did.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Good job Mamabug!!

I didn't make a goal as I had out of state company, but my break was a happy and healthy one. Actually, my body needed to rest.

I will try for 4x of some kind of exercise for this coming week.

Hope you all have great things to report!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

I had reset my goals for this past week down some because I was having so much difficulty even with things that HAD to be done. I should have left the goals alone .

Thu - 7558 (chicken and dog food to outside bins)
        Fri - 6036
        Sat - 7356
        Sun - 10260 (was moving around just trying to stay awake )
        Mon - 11029 (dogs were in chicken pen chasing the kitten )
        Tue - 8931 (continued work on chicken pen and had luncheon at church)
        Wed - 9079 (Rescued chickens from kitten / media room @ church)

I walked over 6K steps all 7 days and averaged 8607 steps/day. I ended up making the new goal as well as my older goal. I will go back to my older goal - 6K steps on 5 of 7 days or average 6K steps each day.

My granddaughter had named the kitten Tom, which had to be changed to Tommi (it is a she), but I am thinking about renaming it again - to TROUBLE! The dogs had tore down a section of wire to get to the kitten, so that had to be replaced. The bigger problem is that the kitten has been watching the squirrels and has discovered numerous ways to get into the chicken pen, and has now decided that it is kinda fun to chase the chickens. She was a feral kitten when I found her, and I "saved" her from my dogs and started feeding her in the barn. Now she is domesticated enough to want to interact which other animals. As the old saying goes "No good deed goes unpunished " lol.

Seasha - Awesome that you had a great week of relaxation with fiends ! Good to hear that you are recharged and ready to go again .

Mamabug - Great week ! You came so close to meeting all of your goals - only 50 steps short. I am impressed that you came so close after the break that you had, and am certain that next week will be better .

Hope that everybody has a great week .

Comment

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Thankfully I made goals!

Was able to do 5 walks @ 30 min each + up and about 4X a day @ 30 min each (everyday) + did stretches daily.

Nice, cool weather has been beneficial.

However..... on Thursday, I woke up and could barely move around - I felt totally wiped out.

After a couple hours of extreme weakness and the inability to move around much - I checked the weather stats (I hadn't been checking the weather much, as it has been so nice).

Well, wouldn't you know it, it was 75 degrees (in the morning), humidity was 85, and dew point was 70!

I turned on the a/c, felt much better after awhile, and was able to carry on with my day. Thursday is my busiest day (I don't do a walk on this day because I'm busy with other chores, and it's the day that my sister comes over to help me with stuff).

After I ate supper, I crashed and fell asleep in my recliner! I am someone who never naps in the daytime. Guess I must have needed it!

In any case, I feel good this morning, and moving around well. The weather is back to cool and comfy.

Glad to see everyone is doing well this week! Wishing good energy to all!
          Last edited by KoKo; 10-05-2018, 06:09 AM.
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thu - 6164 steps
            Fri - 4103 steps
            Sat - 5595 steps
            Sun - 9687 steps
            Mon - 7011 steps
            Tue - 8026 steps
            Wed - 2327 steps

My goal has been and still is 10K a day. Didn't work out as planned again this week....minor set back...back on the path..

Nice work guys.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Hi everyone,

I’m late to the party again...still busy at work.

I was able to get in two runs for 3.6 miles.

Averaged 7,713 Steps:
              Fri 4,443
              Sat 10,714 (includes 2.1 mile run)
              Sun 17,665, all walking
              Mon 4,447
              Tue 8,844 (includes 1.5 mile run)
              Wed 3,093
              Thu 4,788

Will be traveling overseas this week, don’t know what to expect for free time or opportunities to walk or run but at least (silver lining) there will be airport layovers with loads of steps I’m sure.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                Hi everyone,

I’m late to the party again...still busy at work.

I was able to get in two runs for 3.6 miles.

Averaged 7,713 Steps:
                Fri 4,443
                Sat 10,714 (includes 2.1 mile run)
                Sun 17,665, all walking
                Mon 4,447
                Tue 8,844 (includes 1.5 mile run)
                Wed 3,093
                Thu 4,788

Will be traveling overseas this week, don’t know what to expect for free time or opportunities to walk or run but at least (silver lining) there will be airport layovers with loads of steps I’m sure.

Hope everyone has a great week!
                P.S. - Mamabug, I guess you can say I met my reduced goals as my steps increased and I was able to get in a couple of runs. I hope I can do the same or more for this week.

Comment

Way to go, Boudreaux and MisterMan!
                  1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
                  Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by MisterMan View Post
                    MisterMan ~ good wishes to you, on your trip overseas.
                    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Working...
                    X