Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provigil/Modafinil

Hi there, I hope everyone's having a good day

I just have a question. I was prescribed Provigil (100mg, twice a day) by my neurologist for fatigue about a month ago, and I would love to know other people's experiences. You know those days where you have absolutely zero motivation or energy to even move your body or have a conversation? I used to have those 3 or 4 days a week, but since I've been taking Provigil I haven't had one.

Usually by 7pm once we get our little girl to bed, I am so drained that I just stare mindlessly at the television, and wouldn't even have the energy to say one word to my fiancé. But now, I feel like I have almost an endless supply of positivity and energy, and I love getting stuff done. Obviously I still get slumps during the day like everyone, but that's nothing that a coffee can't fix!

I just feel so great, and I feel that I'm a happier person and more affectionate towards my partner. Has anyone else experienced something similar? Or is this just a placebo effect? Please tell me it's not!

Provigil has worked well for helping keep me awake. No side effects or anything besides that the pills leave a bad taste in my mouth when I take them. *shrug*

Comment

Glad to hear that the Rx is helping so much. I was on it for about 8 years. I started at 100mg, then 200 and 400 per day.

I may have built a resistance to it. I started to notice that it helped cognitively some, but not physically. I have been off it about 2 years. Nevet any side effects. Thinking about trying again to see if it will help.

I have a friend who has been on same dosage as you for over 10 years. Still works for her.

Glad you can do so much more now.
      Kathy
      DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I take the same dose you do and still actually need something more. It has helped A LOT, but I wish it provided a little more bodily energy.

I started with Nuvigil and was displeased with that. Memory fails me right now, but I think there was also another RX I tried prior to Nuvigil. I just can’t think right now.

Then I went on Provigil and after a few weeks, I asked the doc if anything else could be prescribed to help with the severe fatigue and this med was doubled.

I am happy to hear how well it works for you though! That is awesome!!
        DX 3/2018; started Ocrevus 3/30/18 (EDSS 2.5)

"Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day."
        - 2 Corinthians 4:16

Comment

Working...
        X