Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/27/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weightloss Checkin Group: Weighin For 9/27/18

Hi Everyone. Here we are officially into Fall. It’s hard to believe it. Where did Summer go? Halloween is just around the corner and then Thanksgiving. In other words, the Holidays will be here before we know it. Now is the time to prepare by getting any excess pounds off. How nice it would be to look great for the festivities.. Good luck to one and all.

I can’t believe it again this week. I lost 2 pounds so weigh 118. I thought once again that surely I had gained. Now I’m beginning to worry that I am ill. Despite my angst I will try to lose another pound this coming week.

Agate, sorry to miss you this week and hope all is well.

Mamabug, good for you for continuing to lose. You will no doubt look stunning at holiday time. Keep up the good work.

Hsmaldo, so sorry to miss you this past week. Do let us know how you are doing.

Msgijo, sorry for the gain but glad to hear you have a plan to shed a few. You can definitely do it based on your history. Thank you for your acknowledgment of my loss. Keep up the positive attitude.

Poohb3ar, sorry to miss you and hope all is well. I hope the season is treating you well.

For those who may have an interest in joining our dedicated group, our members each have their own personal methods of weight loss. Some are on Weight Watchers, some on Atkins for example and some just cut calories. I personally lost quite a lot of weight in the beginning using Atkins and then just cut portions while eating everything. The method is not the most important thing, it is staying focused and following the plan.

We post weight loss, gain, stayed the same, from Thursday to Thursday and have been doing so for over 16 years. We are truly dedicated to get rid of those pesky pounds and keep them off. You don’t have to state your actual weight. It’s a matter of choice.

Tip For The Week:

According to a tip by Anne Alexander:

Fill up. A 50-year battle of the bulge ended when one 73 year old woman admitted her love of eating. Instead of cutting down, she eats large salads, big pink grapefruits, whole cantaloupes, and big chunks of watermelon. These make her feel full without the fat or calories piling up. And she hasn't regained an ounce of the 38 pounds that she lost 15 years ago.

Weight Loss Results:

Total Loss:

2.6 pounds by two members. That’s good news. It is so important to see losses in this column. May we see more in the weeks to come.

Total Gain:

1 pound by one member. Seeing gains is very important in the process. Thank you for admitting the truth. It is a help to all.

Stayed The Same:

0 members. As we know, staying the same truly is success, including for those who are maintaining. Just keep remembering it is the time before the next loss if you have more to lose. Also staying the same is a signal that you are eating the right amount to maintain your losses.

4147.6 is the total weight loss for the past 16+ years. We hit a new milestone. We now have lost over two tons for which we should be proud. That truly is phenomenal.

Stayed the same

Recent weights:
    09/20/18: 127.8 lbs
    09/27/18: 127.8 lbs

07/12/18: 136.2 lbs

This week, my weight fluctuated a lot. Today, I'm at the same weight as last week. But, some days it went up, and one day, it was down to 126.8. So, I'm not sure what to expect for next week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Still hovering between 117 and 118. Today the reading was 118, and so that's what I'm reporting (though I'd prefer to pick one of those days when it was 117).

I found a pair of pants I'd forgotten about in the closet. They're a bit faded but otherwise perfectly good, except for one feature, which is the reason why they'd been stored away and forgotten about--they fit some years ago but no longer do.

It had been so long since I'd seen them that realizing I have them is like being given a whole new pair of pants. Now if I can drop a few more pounds, I just might pour myself into them....
      MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Lost 0.6 pounds.

9/20 120.0
        9/27 119.4

I was kinda surprised that I lost this week, as i have done very little. I hope to stay the same for next week. I am still in my goal range (120 +/- 1 pound) .

Mamabug - Awesome job staying the same while you had company ! I am sure that getting back into your routine will enable you to lose weight this week . Question - we all can see the weight that you have lost on your diet. But are you seeing any other benefits? Like more energy?

ShrinkKaren - another Awesome loss ! Whatever you are doing keep it up .

Wishing everybody a great week !

Comment

Agate - as soon as I hit submit I saw your post. Great job staying the same ! I realize that you would rather report a loss, but it is awesome that you are not picking any weight back up . Keep up the good fight and the excess weight will give up before you do and it will slink away . Have a great week .

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post

Mamabug - Awesome job staying the same while you had company ! I am sure that getting back into your routine will enable you to lose weight this week . Question - we all can see the weight that you have lost on your diet. But are you seeing any other benefits? Like more energy?
            I'm not sure if I have more energy. Some days, I wonder if I do. That seems hard for me to measure. I seem to need just as much sleep as before. But, even that, I'm not sure. Maybe I should document that, just for my own knowledge.

One day, I was able to stand longer, when conversing with someone (instead of needing to sit down right away). And, a couple of days at Silver Sneakers, I stood during exercising for 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes, before needing to do my exercises from a seated position during the rest of the class.
            ~ Faith
            MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
            (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
            - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
            - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
            - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
              I'm not sure if I have more energy. Some days, I wonder if I do. That seems hard for me to measure. I seem to need just as much sleep as before. But, even that, I'm not sure. Maybe I should document that, just for my own knowledge.

One day, I was able to stand longer, when conversing with someone (instead of needing to sit down right away). And, a couple of days at Silver Sneakers, I stood during exercising for 15 minutes instead of 10 minutes, before needing to do my exercises from a seated position during the rest of the class.
              Noticing that you can stand for a longer time--it's that kind of thing that seems to show progress is being made or at least there's more staying power.

Still at 118 but it's hovering at 117. Almost but not quite.
              MEMBER OF MS WORLD SINCE 4/03.

SPMS diagnosed 1980. Avonex 2002-2005. Copaxone 6/4/07-5/15/10.

Comment

Working...
              X