No announcement yet.

Copaxone long term for MS or CIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked up the medication you are on. Immune suppression can be a side effect and for me that is something I just cannot have. It is a rare chance that it would be an issue but there is still a chance and I really do not want to have to get sick with something since I will never spend another night in a prison (hospital) again.

When I say unfavorable assistance I mean not as great as what I have now. Shared solutions covers 100% of my medicine. I do not see how anyone can afford hundreds of dollars a month for medicine. As for long term considerations I am considering how immune suppression would hurt my career long term. I am thinking about how having to ask off all the time for hospital visits for transfusions would hurt my ability to keep this a secret (and my ability to work since I will not work if people know about this). (Or how I would explain hair loss to my coworkers)

As I have said I do plan to talk to my new neurologist about switching meds but I have a no immune suppression and 100% co pay assistance as two requirements that I will not negotiate on. I have several lesser ones… my old neuro said Copaxone was the one that fit everything I wanted best.

Comment

My last MRI had

No new or active lesions and no growth in existing ones

I do not know if any of the lesions improved. From reading the thing they called the MRI report it looks like it, but it was so poorly written that I honestly gave up trying to make sense of it. The person who wrote the first one did such a better job.

I've had no issues related to this curse and the only problem this medicine causes is the bump which as long as I avoid my arms I am fine. I do not know if I think it is worth it to switch to a new medicine that has a good chance to make me feel horrible several days a week/month. For now what I am on seems to be working and its going to take a lot to convince me to take something extremely strong.

I like only having to think about this 3 times a week when I inject myself. I love there are no side effects. I do not like how a lot of the newer drugs have side effects that sound horrible. (Insomnia, liver failure, immune suppression, hair loss - to name a few)

I looked at some of the other medicine forums and a lot of them had people complaining about side effects. Having to deal with horrible side effects would make this whole living in denial thing kind of hard.

Like I have said I do plan to talk to my new neurologist about it but if this really was just a CIS (which I really am thinking it was more and more I do not know if starting on something aggressive would be the best choice or if it would even be approved by my insurance.)

Comment

Working...
      X