Like Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Like Button

Mods I really think a Like Button option would be an excellent addition. Although on the surface it might seem like encouraging a pile up in reality from other boards I frequent it is far more palatable than the actual repeated narrative posts piling up for or against.

I enjoy it not only to know that something I wrote was appreciated but also to see who and what others like even if it is in conflict with my opinion. Something to consider?
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    Anonymous

Originally posted by Jules A View Post
    Mods I really think a Like Button option would be an excellent addition. Although on the surface it might seem like encouraging a pile up in reality from other boards I frequent it is far more palatable than the actual repeated narrative posts piling up for or against.

I enjoy it not only to know that something I wrote was appreciated but also to see who and what others like even if it is in conflict with my opinion. Something to consider?
    Jules

I hear what you are saying.

I thought we had one years ago?

If we did, I can't remember why it was removed.

Will investigate this and get back to you.

Take Care
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thanks! I don't recall one here but do miss the private message option that I also think avoided public scuffles. Connecting and venting behind the scenes was helpful for me too.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Thanks! I don't recall one here but do miss the private message option that I also think avoided public scuffles. Connecting and venting behind the scenes was helpful for me too.
        Totally! I forget why the IM messaging was removed. I am sure "something" happened but I never had an issue with it.

I know you can add your email to your profile, but it's complicated and not everyone has the time to figure out how to do it...except for me! Lol!
        Tawanda

Comment

I like this request.
          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Doesn't a "like" button create the possibility of taking away from the discussion?

A "look how many agree with me" number, as opposed to each of us considering the content of discussion, seems divisive. The country (world?) is too divisive already.

I find no problem with it as long as a member can disable it.

I really don't believe that a large number of members agreeing with my opinion or any opinion, makes it correct, which a "like " button suggest.

MSW may have considered this in the past if I remember correctly. Koko?

Comment

I would really love to see the private message function re-instated as well!

Comment

Originally posted by 502E79 View Post
                Doesn't a "like" button create the possibility of taking away from the discussion?

A "look how many agree with me" number, as opposed to each of us considering the content of discussion, seems divisive. The country (world?) is too divisive already.

I find no problem with it as long as a member can disable it.

I really don't believe that a large number of members agreeing with my opinion or any opinion, makes it correct, which a "like " button suggest.

MSW may have considered this in the past if I remember correctly. Koko?
                Jer

I completely understand what you are saying, and it makes sense to me.

My mind is a little fuzzy on this, but I think we did have a "like" feature in the past.

I remember (unless I dreamed it) that the feature was disabled, and when members would try to use it, they complained (in a nice way, of course) that it didn't work.

Take Care
                PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
                ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

It could have been for security issues that PM disabled. It's a little more involved when you let an application open up another window on your computer/smart phone versus us just checking the application for posts. It is harder to keep virus free. Just my thoughts on my maybe they disabled messaging.
                  Kathy
                  DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

I don't recall ever having a Like button. I've requested it before too. I'd like to see one. It's an easy way to let someone know that their post was appreciated.
                    ~ Faith
                    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Excellent point but I haven't found that to be the case at the other message boards I visit. For me its more about indicating I agree and didn't feel the need to reiterate the exact same comment. If I don't agree 100% I don't "like" something and will either add my two cents or skip the thread.

Perhaps it is divisive to suggest that members are thinking "look how many agree with me"?

I do like knowing my posts that I took the time have been read and appreciated by peers. Its also interesting to see those I agree with on some things, not on others etc. I especially enjoy "liking" someone who I tend to disagree with when they say something I think is good.

I don't think its about counting the number of people who agree with me nor do I believe that because others agree with my opinion that means it is correct, as most opinions are really just that an opinion, but more that we happen to share that particular view.
                      Anonymous

Comment

I don't think its about counting the number of people who agree with me nor do I believe that because others agree with my opinion that means it is correct, as most opinions are really just that an opinion, but more that we happen to share that particular view.
                        "Like"....
                        ~ Faith
                        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

A notification when ever someone quotes one of your posts would be nice. I think it would help keep the conversations going.

I don't see how liking someonexx post could be interperted as devisive.
                          The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Mamabug View Post
                            "Like"....
                            Lolol! "Like"
                            Anonymous

Comment

Excellent point but I haven't found that to be the case at the other message boards I visit. For me its more about indicating I agree and didn't feel the need to reiterate the exact same comment...

I do like knowing my posts that I took the time have been read and appreciated by peers...
                              Yeah, this is a case in point. I could have liked this post, to indicate "yep, my experience on other boards is similar," rather than adding a post that says nothing really new.

It depends on the makeup of the board, but a lot of the time it's a way to celebrate. "I had a new grandbaby!!!" may garner 80 likes, rather than just 25 posts saying "congrats."

Well-said supportive posts get lots of likes too. It's pretty rare to see a Like duel.

I rarely comment, but ya'll would know I were reading your posts if I could like them.

Comment

Working...
                              X