Exercise check in thread 0920/18

6 checked in this last week.

GOALS REACHED:
    3 made goals
    1 made otartial goal
    GOALS MISSED:
    1 missed goals
    Other:
    1 is taking a break from setting measurable goals. I'm busy with out of town visitors thus week. Will post more next week.

For new Exercisers:
    Feel free to join us. You set your own goals. You can keep the same goals week-to-week, or modify them. You decide if you accomplished them. Check in once a week to let us know how you did last week, and to set goals for the following week.
    ~ Faith
    MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
    (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
    - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
    - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
    - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Made Goals

Hi everyone

Thankfully I was able to make goals.

The five walks (with rollator) during the week, @ 30 min each, took much effort (but then that's why exercise is called "workout" and not "rest out", right?).

I was up and moving (with rollator) 4X a day, each day, @ 30 min each.

Did the daily stretches also. The stretching has become a regular, pretty much necessary habit. I move much better when I stretch several times throughout the day, not just all at once.

Hope to have a repeat week, or an even better one would be welcome!

Good energy and perseverance to all.
    PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
    ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

KoKo - you go girl!! Your perseverance is remarkable

My goal was at least 4 days of exercise and I made it but just barely.

Babysat 1x
      Out in my garden 3x - 1 1/2 hours each. I did not work on my floors again , but decided that with harvesting and cleaning up beds and tracking in from all that, I'm going to put off until next week.

My girl friend from out of state is coming for a visit next week, so that is all the impetus I need to get it done. Goal for next week is the same - at least 4x.

A healthy active week for all!
      1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
      Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Made Goals

Thu - 9241 (storm prep)
        Fri - 6515 (finished prep and attended granddaughters b-day party)
        Sat - 9787 (cleaned 4 floors and back bathroom instead of watching rain)
        Sun - 6065
        Mon - 8026 (moved houseplants back to porch)
        Tue - 6450 (2 hrs volunteer work)
        Wed - 7927 (4 hrs volunteer work and media room at church)

Walked over 6K steps all 7 days and averaged 7716 steps / day. I will keep same goals again.

Happy that all of the storm prep was unnecessary - we did get some gusts (lost a few limbs and 1 dead tree fell down) and it rained a steady rain for a couple of days, but we did not get the bad stuff that folks elsewhere got.
        This week is my heavy volunteer week, which is a little heavier than I like it to be. I put off doing any work last week because of the storm .

Seasha - Great week ! What many people may not realize is that after all of the work you put into planting, weeding, watering and then harvesting produce you are still not finished until you put the produce up (freeze, can, eat or give it away). My hat is off to you girl !

KoKo - Great week ! Not sure what kind of humidity / dew points you are having but they have been murder here. Hopefully you are doing better there! And only 1 more month before things cool off (a little ) here .

Mamabug - Thank you for starting us off this week in spite of having a house full of guests . Enjoy the visit and we look forward to seeing you next week.

Comment

Originally posted by msgijo View Post
          Happy that all of the storm prep was unnecessary - we did get some gusts (lost a few limbs and 1 dead tree fell down) and it rained a steady rain for a couple of days, but we did not get the bad stuff that folks elsewhere got.
          Glad you came out OK, msgijo! Hoping for recovery for everyone else affected. It looked nasty.
          1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
          Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

Originally posted by Seasha View Post
            My goal was at least 4 days of exercise and I made it but just barely.

Babysat 1x
            Out in my garden 3x - 1 1/2 hours each. I did not work on my floors again , but decided that with harvesting and cleaning up beds and tracking in from all that, I'm going to put off until next week.
            Seasha ~ looks like a very good workout to me!
            ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Thu - 9241 (storm prep)
              Fri - 6515 (finished prep and attended granddaughters b-day party)
              Sat - 9787 (cleaned 4 floors and back bathroom instead of watching rain)
              Sun - 6065
              Mon - 8026 (moved houseplants back to porch)
              Tue - 6450 (2 hrs volunteer work)
              Wed - 7927 (4 hrs volunteer work and media room at church)

Walked over 6K steps all 7 days and averaged 7716 steps / day.
              msgijo ~ looking over your busy week makes me feel exhausted!

Glad for you guys.

Comment

KoKo - Great week ! Not sure what kind of humidity / dew points you are having but they have been murder here. Hopefully you are doing better there! And only 1 more month before things cool off (a little ) here .
                msgijo ~ We've been having very high humidity and tropical dew points (70's) here.

We won't have to wait a month for a cool down here, though.

Today's forecast is to be muggy, hot, and humid with the high temp near 90 degrees ~ but tonight the temp is dropping all the way down to the low 40's (one county is supposed to get down to 39 degrees)!

The rest of the week ~ temps in the 60's and low 70's.

Hoping that you guys get lucky too!

Comment

Thur- 1082
                  Fri- 3065
                  Sat- 5778
                  Sun- 2642
                  Mon- 5358
                  Tues- 8780
                  Wed- 2329

Weak sauce from me this week. I dont think I've hit many of my goals if any in the last few weeks. Lack of time is the biggest challenge for me. I have ti figure out how to manage my time better to hit these goals.

Nice work everyone, keep in going.
                  The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by Boudreaux View Post
                    Thur- 1082
                    Fri- 3065
                    Sat- 5778
                    Sun- 2642
                    Mon- 5358
                    Tues- 8780
                    Wed- 2329

Weak sauce from me this week. I dont think I've hit many of my goals if any in the last few weeks. Lack of time is the biggest challenge for me. I have ti figure out how to manage my time better to hit these goals.

Nice work everyone, keep in going.
                    Boudreaux, it's a plus that you're keeping track of your steps. It looks like a good many steps to me!

You're still moving a good deal, even though you have higher aspirations with your goals.

Hope you have a good week, and enough time for the things that you want to accomplish!

Comment

Didn't set measurable goals

I've been taking a break, for a few weeks, from setting measurable goals. My functional medicine changes have been enough goal-setting for me for awhile. And, my daughter and her family had been visiting.

In the meantime, I'll still report what I'm doing, just to hold myself accountable to something. I actually would have met my previous steps goal (2,000 steps per day average). I'd lowered that to 1600 and hadn't always even been meeting that, but I was more active while grandkids were here. I didn't do any "planned" exercise, but, I was up and down off the floor more and just playing, so I was more active.

Thurs - 2381 steps
                      Fri - 2342 steps
                      Sat - 2379 steps
                      Sun - 1734 steps
                      Mon - 2061 steps
                      Tues - 1632 steps
                      Wed - 2128 steps

Total steps = 14,647 = 2093 average per day
                      Total exercise days = 0
                      ~ Faith
                      MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
                      (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
                      - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
                      - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
                      - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
                      X