Feeling alone waiting....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling alone waiting....

Coming to the message board provides so much relief I can’t thank you all enough. I have been have abdominal issues and now have been waiting 4-5 weeks to figure what is going on. Blood tests, liver biopsy, HIDA Scan, etc. I hope to know when I see my doc on Friday.

Lately I have been struggling with anxiety and constipation. It seems like my MS is flaring a bit too. Quite honestly I can deal with my MS but the thought of another illness is really pushing me over the edge. In this process I have learned I have a lot of great acquaintances but only a couple friends. I am so lonely and lost.

I came on not to expect anything but to express gratitude for this online community that I can turn to during times of darkness.

Thank you! I will post when I know my diagnosis....

MyGirlsMom-

I'm sorry you are going through a rough patch right now and I'm glad you came to us. I sure hope whatever they find is easy and swift enough to correct. Anxiety is the worst as we always think the worst. More often, it's always better than what we anticipated! Constipation is much easier to deal with. I'm going through that right now and just started taking a digestive probiotic. Maybe you could find something like it? An enema is the last choice, but it helps.

Just know we have your back! Please let us know what you find out and don't forget to take deep breaths.

Sending healing energy your way.
    1st sx '89 Dx '99 w/RRMS - SP since 2010
    Administrator Message Boards/Moderator

Comment

I also hope you get good news quickly. Best wishes and please keep us posted.
      He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
      Anonymous

Comment

Yes, MyGirlsMom, I agree that coming here tends to calm and provide some relief. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Comment

Good wishes being sent your way, MyGirlsMom.

Take Care
          PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
          ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post

Lately I have been struggling with anxiety and constipation.
            Xanax and keifer. Boom.
            The future depends on what you do today.- Gandhi

Comment

Coconut Kefir and ground flaxseed!

Comment

Hoping you feel better soon. My heart goes out to everyone with anxiety and panic attacks. I struggled with it at one point, but thankfully, it left. But until you struggle with it, it is hard to understand. God Bless.
                Kathy
                DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Thinking of you.

Boy have I been there. This disease tends to make one feel a bit isolated. You are among friends, family, really, on this site. We all understand. I have suffered from panic attacks since kindergarten. As I have gotten older, they are managable, but still there. Depression has been an issue for several years. I am so sorry you are feeling alone. Sending some positive vibes your way. Hang in there. It does get better.

Comment

Originally posted by MyGirlsMom View Post
                    Coming to the message board provides so much relief I can’t thank you all enough. I have been have abdominal issues and now have been waiting 4-5 weeks to figure what is going on. Blood tests, liver biopsy, HIDA Scan, etc. I hope to know when I see my doc on Friday.
                    MGM - let us know what you found out today.
                    Best wishes

Comment

Hope your news is good.

Comment

Update

Thank you all so much for the very kind and supportive comments! It means so much to be able to come here and be myself....fears, hopes and all.

So, the good news is that my liver enzymes are dropping! Yay!! I have another blood test next week to see if they are cotnuing to fall. Based in biopsies and falling numbers it is becoming likely now that it is NOT autoimmune hepatitis...whew! I do have some gallbladder issues, but he doesn’t think that is what is causing my immediate and most recent symptoms.

Of course, like many of us with MS, constipation continues to be a challenge (although my thyroid may be off contributing to that too). He prescribed some magnesium oxide to assist in getting me “moving” again. Also getting thyroid checked to rule that out as well.

I think the challenge is I have a number of autoimmune diseases, making everything more complex. There is so much they know but so much they don’t know too. It is possible that a virus and medication impacted my liver and I may never know what caused me to feel so sick and for my liver levels to rise.

I have to say that I know many people here struggle with their doctor relationships and I feel so bad when I read those experiences. For me, I am personally so incredibly grateful that my doctos have been so very kind and thoughtful to me in this process. They have all take my issues seriously and actually really listened and responded in action to all of my symptoms.

So now I am sitting tight, hoping my liver levels keep dropping and that my energy and overall feeling of well being improves (After all of this, it makes my MS seem a lot easier....crazy Huh???)

It has been about 5 long, lonely dark weeks...and I feel so much more optimistic today! Thanks y’all!! 😎. So glad to have you as my online MS friends!!

Comment

Update

Thank you all so much for the very kind and supportive comments! It means so much to be able to come here and be myself....fears, hopes and all.

So, the good news is that my liver enzymes are dropping! Yay!! I have another blood test next week to see if they are cotnuing to fall. Based in biopsies and falling numbers it is becoming likely now that it is NOT autoimmune hepatitis...whew! I do have some gallbladder issues, but he doesn’t think that is what is causing my immediate and most recent symptoms.

Of course, like many of us with MS, constipation continues to be a challenge (although my thyroid may be off contributing to that too). He prescribed some magnesium oxide to assist in getting me “moving” again. Also getting thyroid checked to rule that out as well.

I think the challenge is I have a number of autoimmune diseases, making everything more complex. There is so much they know but so much they don’t know too. It is possible that a virus and medication impacted my liver and I may never know what caused me to feel so sick and for my liver levels to rise.

I have to say that I know many people here struggle with their doctor relationships and I feel so bad when I read those experiences. For me, I am personally so incredibly grateful that my doctos have been so very kind and thoughtful to me in this process. They have all take my issues seriously and actually really listened and responded in action to all of my symptoms.

So now I am sitting tight, hoping my liver levels keep dropping and that my energy and overall feeling of well being improves (After all of this, it makes my MS seem a lot easier....crazy Huh???)

It has been about 5 long, lonely dark weeks...and I feel so much more optimistic today! Thanks y’all!! 😎. So glad to have you as my online MS friends!!

Comment

Wonderful news, MGM!! I hope things keep looking upward (or a downward count for those liver enzymes) for you and other things keep "moving"

Comment

Great news! Here's hoping things keep looking up. Really glad to hear you have awesome doctors and a great relationship with them. So important when you have chronic conditions. Hope things move along quickly for you.
                              Kathy
                              DX 01/06, currently on Tysabri

Comment

Working...
                              X