Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgust with lack of abilities/rant here/but also ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disgust with lack of abilities/rant here/but also ?

First I must say I know the answer to the question, however, I would like to have it verified by folks that deal with this on a regular basis.

Cliff notes version of issue: Had MS since 2000. Currently, the double vision is a major pain. Had glasses changed twice in 3 months. Can't get it corrected. Plus the chronic eye infection quite irksome. Got appt to see about eye surgery to help with issue next wk. Had spine nerve ablation (where they burn the nerves/they do grow back) to help relieve some of the pain to lessen the need for RX and tens unit. Getting it done on another side this month(do not enjoy having the testing where they stick a needle in the nerve to test and make sure the correct one to humor the insurance company). Next day after 1st ablation at the theater and fell across metal seat due to MS weaving walk broke two ribs. Note: will be 71 in am not a good thing to do. bahahahahaha

Yes, it really does take 6 to 8 weeks to get over it even though *I* thought I would be different lol. I would be over it because I'm superwoman and I should be able to suck it up. Well, not the case.
    Yes, I have been up all nite (did I mention chronic insomnia).

Here is the question/gripe/vent etc. I have been wanting to have two locations (one upstairs in the bonus room and one downstairs on both sides of the see-thru fireplace) shampooed. My dh who is fabulous about having to deal with all the health issues (like fall at theater/friend calls after I get DX re-broken ribs he just says which hospital lol lol). He does almost all the grocery shopping most all the cooking. Now the issue his procrastination (which is the only thing I can complain about/which before back MS and vintage-ness) was not a problem however now I can't take up the slack anymore which make me nuts!!!!!!

Therefore I said 4 days in a row would you please shampoo just a path in the two locations till I can shampoo the entire rooms. Well, he waits waits until his back hurts and he goes to bed. However, he is kind enough to bring up all items I need brush vac and carpet shampooer prior to bath and his bedtime in middle of the night. Due to ribs and back, I can only work about 15 mins at a time before sitting and waiting about 15 min before starting again even with rx.

I am disgusted with myself and the fact I can't get a handle on getting my house cleaned before I die ( my main goal in life currently lol sad fact). I know I should because I have no other choice but I am exhausted by the fact I can't get the entire thing done in a week even with back and healing ribs. Help needed out there for reason and sanity. I just want to slap myself and say get a grip woman and forge ahead trudge trudge trudge. This really is getting on my last nerve no pun intended lol

Any helpful thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Since I'm sure you can tell I am a human doing not a human being and have great expectations of self.!!!!!!!

Originally posted by jkforrest View Post
    First I must say I know the answer to the question, however, I would like to have it verified by folks that deal with this on a regular basis.

Cliff notes version of issue: Had MS since 2000. Currently, the double vision is a major pain. Had glasses changed twice in 3 months. Can't get it corrected. Plus the chronic eye infection quite irksome. Got appt to see about eye surgery to help with issue next wk. Had spine nerve ablation (where they burn the nerves/they do grow back) to help relieve some of the pain to lessen the need for RX and tens unit. Getting it done on another side this month(do not enjoy having the testing where they stick a needle in the nerve to test and make sure the correct one to humor the insurance company). Next day after 1st ablation at the theater and fell across metal seat due to MS weaving walk broke two ribs. Note: will be 71 in am not a good thing to do. bahahahahaha

Yes, it really does take 6 to 8 weeks to get over it even though *I* thought I would be different lol. I would be over it because I'm superwoman and I should be able to suck it up. Well, not the case.
    Yes, I have been up all nite (did I mention chronic insomnia).

Here is the question/gripe/vent etc. I have been wanting to have two locations (one upstairs in the bonus room and one downstairs on both sides of the see-thru fireplace) shampooed. My dh who is fabulous about having to deal with all the health issues (like fall at theater/friend calls after I get DX re-broken ribs he just says which hospital lol lol). He does almost all the grocery shopping most all the cooking. Now the issue his procrastination (which is the only thing I can complain about/which before back MS and vintage-ness) was not a problem however now I can't take up the slack anymore which make me nuts!!!!!!

Therefore I said 4 days in a row would you please shampoo just a path in the two locations till I can shampoo the entire rooms. Well, he waits waits until his back hurts and he goes to bed. However, he is kind enough to bring up all items I need brush vac and carpet shampooer prior to bath and his bedtime in middle of the night. Due to ribs and back, I can only work about 15 mins at a time before sitting and waiting about 15 min before starting again even with rx.

I am disgusted with myself and the fact I can't get a handle on getting my house cleaned before I die ( my main goal in life currently lol sad fact). I know I should because I have no other choice but I am exhausted by the fact I can't get the entire thing done in a week even with back and healing ribs. Help needed out there for reason and sanity. I just want to slap myself and say get a grip woman and forge ahead trudge trudge trudge. This really is getting on my last nerve no pun intended lol

Any helpful thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. Since I'm sure you can tell I am a human doing not a human being and have great expectations of self.!!!!!!!
    My thoughts? Be patient with yourself and with your husband, too. Sometimes we get more peace from the things we let go of than the things we try to hang on to. Shampooing carpets is easy, but moving the furniture to do it properly sucks!
    Tawanda

Comment

Due to ribs and back, I can only work about 15 mins at a time before sitting and waiting about 15 min before starting again even with rx.

jkforrest

I understand the exhaustion from trying to trudge beyond physical limitations, and the time it takes to complete a job!

It took me awhile to realize that maybe I could get help.

So now my younger sister does my floors (I gladly and gratefully pay for her efforts).

It is wonderful to sit back and watch just how fast an able bodied person can sweep, vacuum, and mop the floors - zip zip zip! It used to take me an enormous amount of time and energy to do the same thing.

Would your DH go for the idea of having someone help with the heavy work?

Take Care
      PPMS for 26 years (dx 1998)
      ~ Worrying will not take away tomorrow's troubles ~ But it will take away today's peace. ~

Comment

I am disgusted with myself and the fact I can't get a handle on getting my house cleaned before I die ( my main goal in life currently lol sad fact).
        If you can afford to pay someone, just hire someone who will do it.

I don't even do my regular housekeeping, let alone trying to shampoo carpets. I just tell myself that having a disability needs to have some perks. Not cleaning my own house is one of them. I hire someone who comes once every two weeks
        ~ Faith
        MSWorld Volunteer -- Moderator since JUN2012
        (now a Mimibug)

Symptoms began in JAN02
        - Dx with RRMS in OCT03, following 21 months of limbo, ruling out lots of other dx, and some "probable stroke" and "probable CNS" dx for awhile.
        - In 2008, I was back in limbo briefly, then re-dx w/ MS: JUL08

- Betaseron NOV03-AUG08; Copaxone20 SEPT08-APR15; Copaxone40 APR15-present
        - Began receiving SSDI / LTD NOV08. Not employed. I volunteer in my church and community.

Comment

Working...
        X