Long term rebif use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long term rebif use

Anyone else out there been on rebif for over 10 years? I have a Neurologist appt coming up and they generally ask if I want to consider changing. However I've been pretty stable on rebif for a long time now and don't really see any reason to switch other than not having to do shots. I haven't had an MRI in a couple of years so just basing that stability on how I feel and function. Just wondering if I'm atypical as rebif seems to not be mentioned or used as much anymore. None of the people in the local Ms group are on rebif. A couple were but switched because of relapses. I appreciate any thoughts, insights
    Pat

DX 7/06
    Rebif 7/06

Long Term Rebif Use

I was on Rebif for almost 8 years before I switched to Tecfidera. I had been doing well on Rebif - no exacerbations and minimal side effects. My liver function numbers were a problem. They were enough of a concern that a switch was in order. It seems to me that if you are functioning well and your blood levels are normal there is no real reason to switch DMDs. Before making a decision I would personally want to have a new MRI to compare with the older ones. Do you have more lesions? Lesions in different places? It will give a more complete picture of your situation before making a decision on how to proceed.

I wish you the best of luck. I LOVE not having to do injections anymore.

IRENE

Comment

Working...
    X